Patch 3.01 Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zlefin

01-31-2013

i'd say part of the problem with sight is the change to oracles. Right now oracles is 400g for an until death OR 5 minutes; a 5 minute max oracle is almost never worth 400g, for the few wards it may get you. Only the until death so if you can keep it alive it's veyr powerful oracles is worth 400g;

If you keep it at 5 minutes max it should cost less to make it worthwhile to use oracles for ward sweeping instead of just buying sight wards of your own.

mrbrewfest

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaugernuggets View Post
I dont understand why riot forgets to go back and up the champions that no one plays anymore for the people that like playing them.... these new champs that have come out recently over power these underplayed champs... Karma has become one of the most useless supports in the game due to lack of attention. I mid with her now...
LOL Same here.

Exotic3s

01-31-2013

When is this going into effect? Please don't make it one of the weekend patches :P Do it on Monday when most of us are at work. Well the day time people that have work anyway.

No worries mate

01-31-2013

Nice patch! (meanwhile shaco players are crying in the corner, myself included)

TheAngrySquirtle

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaugernuggets View Post
I dont understand why riot forgets to go back and up the champions that no one plays anymore for the people that like playing them.... these new champs that have come out recently over power these underplayed champs... Karma has become one of the most useless supports in the game due to lack of attention. I mid with her now......
P.S. besides my *****ing about yet another patch lacking attentions to certain champs I do like this patch Riot.
Exactly. Also due to the new champions a lot of the old underpowered champs aren't able to keep up with all the new things coming into play.

Unrestricted PK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
That patch note is about champion losses and win ratios, which are generally just used for complaining in champ select.

"omg ur win ratio is only 20% with ez wtf i'm dodging"
"why aren't you playing taric? you are 10-2 with him wtf so stupid"
etc etc.

You'll still be able to see what champions people have played with the most but you won't see their win ratios (because honestly, it's not a good indicator of skill with that champ until the sample size is very high).
Sure it is when they have 5 Wins and 23 Losses with a 2.4/9.7/3.1 KDA

flaugernuggets

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji68 View Post
Exactly. Also due to the new champions a lot of the old underpowered champs aren't able to keep up with all the new things coming into play.
Exactly my point!

TaciturnTenacity

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongeddon View Post
Ezreal's only getting nerfed because he's the most played adc right now. He's not OP and there's no reason to nerf him. If riot's trying to nerf him in hopes of raising popularity of other adc's, they should make other adc's more viable instead of nerfing Ez. Ez was nerfed last patch, this patch, and apparently AP Ez will be nerfed next patch. Ezreal's going to be the next Irelia at this rate.
This. His win rate is below 50% atm and lower than other adc's such as Miss Fortune and Caitlyn. They're only doing this to appease the people that constantly complain about Ezreal being broken.

I Cerberus I

01-31-2013

The day I buy Brolaf is the day he gets a nerf, great timing...

Arrevax

01-31-2013

The Shaco nerfs were unnecessary, but at least Riot didn't go overboard... If they had hit his jungling in any way, he would've been ruined. However, the nerf to his deceive and slow are really going to reduce his mobility, which means he's going to get caught more often. Shaco's pitiful amount of health is negated by his mobility and elusiveness- this nerf is likely to require a health buff to prevent him from becoming too squishy and unable to escape.
Cho'Gath didn't really need any changes, in my opinion... A quick question: why was he not given more "reward" for killing of larger/more important targets? His passive should give him increased health and mana regen when he kills bigger minions, champions, etc, like how you're now giving infinite-stat-stacking champions better bonuses. This also applies to other champions who get bonuses when a target dies, such as Trundle's health-regenerating passive.
Shen and Blitzcrank are being nerfed in pointless, unproductive ways. They are banned for their trademark abilities, Rocket Grab and Stand United. Those mechanics are why they are banned; why are you targeting other parts of their kits and stats, Riot?
Thank you for giving AD Ezreal another nerf; it's frustrating to have one penultimate AD-carry appear in nearly every PVP match. I do hope you work more on making AP and hybrid Ezreal more viable. Honestly, I'd like to see hybrid builds become more viable in general, but, one step at a time, I suppose.
Nashor's Tooth was a niche item that is overlooked because it gives less stats than many other end-game items. Taking its mana regen will make it even more obscure (though I doubt AP Teemos and troll-build attack-speed Nautiluses will overlook it).
I'm glad Trinity Force has become cheaper. Perhaps this will give Gangplank a little more competitive edge, which is something he's been in need of.
I like the buff to Zhonya's Hourglass and the new Seeker's Armlet. I used to ignore Zhonya's because it is so expensive to build, but now that half of it has prerequisite items in its recipe, I'll have to give it another look.
Tryndamere's going to need more than extra AS and rage to become truly viable.
Miss Fortune's ultimate was already a kind of weakness- her autoattacks and double shot are far more powerful than it, making Bullet Time a very situational ultimate.
Thank you for the visual remake of Annie and the updates to Co-op Versus AI.