Patch 3.01 Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

apidaeian

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset1212 View Post
When does this patch come live?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidivre View Post
Summoners,

We have disabled ranked queues preparation for the Season 3 patch. Ranked queues will be re-enabled after maintenance is complete.

At 02:00 PST, the servers will be shut down and all games currently in progress will end in a draw and stats will not be recorded. We estimate the Fields of Justice will be unavailable for 6 hours.

Patch notes.

Updates:

13:00 PST - Added maintenance start time.
As stated below

Tryce Maxwell

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
Great patch- with one exception...

Massive, MASSIVE nerf to Neurotoxin's usability in lane. Elise's laning was primarily BASED around Neurotoxin. Elise can no longer lane any more. At all. And while she's a decent jungler, she's nowhere near top tier.

Elise is dead. Well, well done, Riot. I hope you're proud of yourselves.
Get off your high chair and get a piece of cloth to dry your tears. She could basically spam the move forever in lane and harass like a complete boss. This just puts her in line with ALL THE OTHER AP CARRY THAT HAVE SIMILAR MANA COSTS. Her toxin does a ton of damage, and Anivia barely does half that with a move that costs 140 mana. Quit crying, it's what's making Riot fail on patches.

TurleysDomain

01-31-2013

Patch notes should include a nurf to Thresh to where if a Thresh builds Tanky adc he can't carry any team no matter what the situation. His damage output as an tanky adc even if he isn't fed it way overpowered and it is ridiculous. That's the worst I've ever seen a champion be overpowered...

ReŠ Square

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
You'll still be able to see what champions people have played with the most but you won't see their win ratios (because honestly, it's not a good indicator of skill with that champ until the sample size is very high).
That sucks... Win % IS a good indicator of skill with that champ.... Over enough games it will even itself out, why not make it so after 'X' amount of games you can see the W/L ratio. So now I have worked on my shaco win % all pre-season for nothing?

Coldmanj

01-31-2013

I am looking forward to all the new changes and especially the new league system. I was hoping for a chance to go through placement with the new system instead of being put around where I am now. I know I could place higher if given the chance. At least the new system appears more fair then it currently is.

I'm not entirely sure Olaf needed such a drastic change, The removal of his passive armor pen with his ult and making it only available when it is active seems a tad steep considering his ult only lasts 6 seconds which doesn't seem all that long. It is only natural with the recent pre-season change to armor and magic penetration stats and how they work that 10/20/30 armor penetration was a bit high. I think scaling down the amount would have been a far better choice, perhaps a simple 15 armor pen at all levels and changing the duration of ragnarok to 4/6/8 seconds with each level. That would be equal to the amount of penetration that items now give and give Olaf a little more time late game to maneuver and survive the big team fights. His other changes seem like a good fit.

other then that I am looking forward to what the new season has to offer. Keep up the good work!

Dead x lMau5

01-31-2013

All nerfs and increases seem fitting. Good job and ty Only thing I saw that struck me as odd is that you're buffing Veigar lol. He already destroys and tips the scales of all team fights, now with even more AP bonus. will it go too far?

Such Worth

01-31-2013

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shaco needs a nerf to his free flash cause dman his ganks are too good.......................................... but ezreal gets to keep his flash so a brusier/assasain cannot get to him ever????????????????? great thanks riot still have to live with the fact i cant do my job if the player plays ezreal

FUNKELN SWAG

01-31-2013

Extremely disatisfied with the Fiendish Codex Changes,

Riot you owe us (180 more gold off) OR 5-8 AP or 5% more CDR.

There was another 3 mana regen thats being taken away.

So yes the Item is cheaper, but its also much more Crappy for the Gold. Such a change would be fine if things needed balancing(Like Giants Belt)

I really want a Red's Comment here,

Caidan

01-31-2013

IMO, I'd rather have seen a slight shift -away- from Katarina's dependency on her ULT', since it's a high risk move (with amazing pay-off, no doubt) -- and a bit more active damage. She's pretty A-OK as she is right now but if you were gonna go a direction with her, woulda' rather it been away, not toward.

PodunkTheMighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Seriously? Increasing the cost for the sightstones? If you going to increase the toss, the increase how many wards you can place on map or something better than a health increase. Starting to hate how Riot treat support players, and before people say "but you got Thresh, he's support so stfu nub", Riot going to nerf him so just wait.
1. If they have any sense at all they will nerf Thresh's Q passive and leave the support core of his kit untouched. That's the thing that's frustrating people and makes him a very scary solo laner, not his other abilities.

Quote:
Why nerf Blitz? He is banned 24/7, see no reason for this.
2. I think you just answered your own question there bud.