Patch 3.01 Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iridos

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
It's pretty awesome! I can't wait to start playing ranked with the League System in place.
Not to be excessively rude, but you should realize that you post such a small amount in GD that when you show up to cheer for things like this it looks like you're just trying to hype what seems likely to be a controversial change.

DigitalSquiggles

01-31-2013

I have a question about the new ranked system. In the FAQ, it said that ppl that finished their placement games will be put into their tier/division based on their highest and current ELOs. It also said that ppl that didn't play ranked will have to finish their placement games. They also stated that the placement games were the first 10 ranked games. I have played 9 placement games in the pre-season and i was planning on playing the 10th this weekend, but now they disabled the ranked games. Will i have to play 10 new placement matches or will i only have to play 1 more placement game for the new Tier/Division system?

TL;DR: Ppl that played ranked get a Tier/Division right away. Ppl that never played ranked will have to play placement games. What happens to ppl that played some but not all placement games before this patch?

Resther

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Love this patch, except for the Elise nerf. Really don't understand the thought process behind the higher mana cost. As long as she doesn't get any other nerfs, I guess I'm ok with this minor nerf to her Q...

Ravechaosknight

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

Olaf
  • Undertow
    • Slow now fades over the duration
  • Vicious Strikes
    • Cooldown increased to 16 seconds from 12
  • Ragnarok
    • No longer passively grants bonus armor penetration
    • Now only grants bonus armor penetration while active
Ok, I am by no means opposed to taking "silent" power from champions. But shouldn't you buff Olaf's Movement speed a little in compensation for removing some of his chasing power from Q, and killing power from the passive Pen?

I mean Olaf's already slow as molasses, and it's a consistent trade for these kinds of power adjustments. Look at Nunu this very same patch. You nerfed blood boil's MS % but upped his base to make up for it. (I play AP Tank Nunu, so could give a rat's hindquarters about his "support" function).

Just curious as to why there is a lack of consistency in these types of balance changes.

ZombieCakes

01-31-2013

Thanks so much Riot! I love that Heimer & Trist are getting a bit of attention, they're my 2 favorite champions and they're so underestimated and underplayed!

Mrdinglbry

01-31-2013

Bots gonna be talkin trash uh oh

Iridos

01-31-2013

I like almost every single one of these changes, and some of them a lot. But the net positive is completely countered by two things: removing mana regen from fiendish codex, and the new league system. I both think and feel quite strongly that these are awful changes, and I'm frankly extremely disappointed in you guys for moving forward with them.

WHYYYYYYY

lilwayze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-31-2013

haha, "tons of damage" upgrade 3 gold what a rip off :P

sirturkey1

01-31-2013

Combine cost reduced to 3 gold? That's....actually pretty hilarious. You amuse me Riot.

iam Versatility

01-31-2013

u serious???? another shaco nerf? he might of been rediculous about 6 months ago but honestly right now he is in comparison to old eve. he requires being spoon fed to get going and if you aren't spoon fed your usless,,, we have plenty of champions that are strong as hell pre 3 leesin kazix rengar just to name a few why make shaco to the point that he is almost usless not saying and can't get fed, not saying a good shaco can't do good, I an saying as it is right now unless your team gives you your first 3 kills or your ksing your lanes he is pretty much usless early game and almost completly usless late game if not fed cause people will be to tanky by then so mid game is his only opprotunity to try to catch up. secondly, what other champion in this game can't be viable in lane but shaco i can't really name one champion other than shaco that can't viabley lane in any of them. so why take away the one thing he could do which was jungle and take down the threats. That was shacos gamplay in a nutshell focus karth focus kat focus any threat on the game and shut them down.