Patch 3.01 Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anubiz

02-01-2013

The server needs to hurry up, I'm ready to play some league. And thank God something is being done about this AP Yi, it's really hard to lane against one when he heals through everything you throw at him. -.-

RathHunter

02-01-2013

[QUOTE=Morello;34096748][youtube]EevdEwQNjG4[/youtube]

Cho'Gath

• Feral Scream
    • Silence duration reduced to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 seconds from 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3

Even Cho was not spared the nerf hammer! Well, at least they buffed a few (emphasis on few) other abilities, like Nasus' q and Sion's e. Although I thought Veigar had a "buff" on his q already, namely where any champion kill gave him an increase through Baleful strike's passive, not just finishing them with it.

LoseToaNoob

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beschwörerbernd View Post
League System

The League System has arrived for ranked play!
Players and teams will now be placed into a League upon finishing their placement matches
Leagues are assigned to a skill tier and are split into divisions, e.g. Gold IV
Winning and losing matches will now cause you to gain and lose League Points (LP)
Advancing to 100 LP will now start a Division or Promotion Series
Top players and teams can now advance to the Challenger tier, which is visible to all in the client
Champion losses and win ratios will no longer be displayed to other players
Elo ratings have been replaced by matchmaking ratings (MMR) which are no longer displayed
The time penalties for queue dodging have been shortened and an LP penalty has been added

My Questions:

1. Does this LP penalty also include leavers/afklers?
2. Does this LP penalty points proctect me from playing with people who collect them like its their hobby?

If you answer both of this questions with "no", then i must assume that this changes you just did make it easyer for "afklers" and leavers to hide away from the others. I dont have the option to look at the others profile to see if he is a notorius gametrower anymore. I have absolutely no impression of with what kind of people im playing with.
Its cool that you included a dodging penalty, but will the others still be damaged by their "Rank" because of leavers/afklers?

Im sorry to say that, but you definitly know that if you would implement a real "leaverpunishing" system, then you would lose income due to a decrease in playernumbers.
You are going to create a realy cool ladersystem, where you can even climb up into "prozones", but just avoiding to react to this problem of gameruiners.
You even dont go the other way round to give the team with the lesser players a "loss forgiven", and the leaver a penatly so that his elo / LP points sink till hes at 0 and is unable to play "RANKED" games with others.
I promise if dont do anything against it soon, you will lose more customers then that ones that are annoying the honest "summoner code"- players that just want to stay and play a nice and even match.
dang thats a good set of questions right there. and yea it sucks not beingable to see people now to see whos trolls and throws for fun so more elo loss trying to carry urself while people laugh at u

Rhystus

02-01-2013

League point penalty seems like it makes it easier for people to troll the rest of the team.

Dragon Jitsu

02-01-2013

why are you ruining shen? if you wanna know an op champ to focus on its mumu. leave shen alone! your messing with the life belt too? thats fine i seen that one coming a bit. but why shen? his passive makes shen... well shen. your willing to not only cut back from 1.5 1 but also the 3 you gain to 2. thats a massive nerf to shown doen all at once. you would think just a nerf to his auto atks or just his fient would be enough but no you had to go and cut him down. why dont you just rework his passive alltogether. scrap him remake the entire champ god forbid you ruin my talon i switch my main to shen then u do this. stop watching me play.i feel like i start winning too much and they see it and are like yep gotta nerf that next.

Nightmare Saber

02-01-2013

Any1 else gonna spam Ap Trist?

infinity2quared

02-01-2013

I think assassins in this game need a rework. Most people have already been agreeing that nerfing Shaco's early game is fine, so long as he gets something in the late game. The same is true for other assassins in the game right now. Eg. Leblanc's early-mid game is absurd, but the nature of her kit makes her less than useful in late game team fights. Now, you can argue that this is a fair price to pay for her early game advantage. That would be fair, if anyone were ever actually willing to sacrifice their late game for the early game. But that's just not the meta in LoL. The end result is that Leblanc is simply an unplayable character--especially in solo que where poor communication and team composition make it next to impossible to take advantage of her strengths for an early win, or to snowball other lanes to victory.

I think the solution would be to give her E an AOE slow--like make the chain branch out from your target (that you still have to hit) to other nearby enemies. Or maybe maybe have sigil automatically proc the silence when it expires if you don't follow up on it. Something along these lines would give her a more viable role as an AP support in late game teamfights while still not allowing her to carry late game, or overly strengthen her early game (which certainly doesn't need any help). This would make her a viable pick at least for pre-made teams.

Also, the Kat moves just seems silly to me. I like to play her with reduced emphasis on her ult--and riot seems to disagree with this. Making her ultimate her only reliable way to put down damage makes an already overly-damage-focused champion even more of a one-trick pony. This will just make lucky pentakills more likely, while reducing her legitimate utility in a fight. Furthermore, it's only going to increase the problem of her pubstomping at low elo and make QQing more common.

EDIT: I do generally approve of the new item changes. I really appreciate the AP love. Fiendish Codex didn't specifically need to lose the mp5, but making it a part of DFG will definitely cause it to see some use. Also buffing the DFGs AP, even while making it more expensive, makes it more viable to rush DFG before Rabadans on a burst mage. I don't know how much of a difference the new item will make, but cloth+5 is definitely nice for midding against the likes of Pantheon--who has some crazy early game poke.

Jason Li

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

yess

RefuzioN

02-01-2013

http://gyazo.com/ee819d0217bad5e97ed12e31a75d06a7

I have been watching this screen for the past few hours, any day riot ..

Anubiz

02-01-2013

Leblanc needs a hard nerf, she's too strong early game compared to most AP mids.