Patch 3.01 Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

enexes

02-01-2013

Anyone gone up against rengars recently? he got one kill toplane then after that he snowballed like it was nothing lol

Apollinarius

02-01-2013

I like how there is only one item building out of this hypothetical Cloth+5pot AP start. Unless you're going for Zhyonia's, you're wasting way more money than before. At least the chainmail could be built into a GA or Sunfire. In the meantime, you reduced the armor they can get on their first back because the Armguard is way more expensive than the Chainmail, while providing less armor.

That's totally going to solve all the problems mid lane champions have.

Also, why are you nerfing Morellonomicon? Athene's got a 200 gold price reduction as part of the Codex change, but Morellonomicon needs to buy the extra charm? An item seeing almost no play is going to see even less of it.

AP manaless champions would have cheered the Codex change if it actually did anything for them. Nashor's? Yes, best Vlad/Morde/Kennen item ever, right? Same with Morrelonomicon. Oh wait... Maybe if you took the mana off of Morellonomicon and lowered its price to 1900, it would become a good buy for those champions.

Faith Theory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I took a look over a lot of it and i must say it dosent look that bad, and im pretty excited to see how this new system is going to work out.

LoseToaNoob

02-01-2013

CMON ALREADY RIOT FK IVE BEEN UP ALL NIGHT WAITING TO PLAY LEAGUE SINCE 6 am this morning get it to fkn together already jesus just enter ur codes lest go fk zzzz

whydoihaveagun

02-01-2013

everyone chill ur ****s its a new season and a lot of changes its gonna take awhile and ur not the only ones waiting and surely nobody is gonna stomp ur new tier before the patch is up -_-

Lygarine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

As reds, you probably don't put a lot of effort into reading each one of these, which is understandable. After reading up on the patch notes. I have a few concerns/suggestions to the more controversial ones on the list.

Regarding the Ranked system: It's about time. I've awaited the day where I wouldn't have to wade through 32 million people on a single ladder to achieve greatness, and this new system will give us some things to think about when deciding to be "troll." What people don't realize is that this will break you into a pool of about 250 players. Be a troll for long, and your allies, and your enemies will recognize you as one. This possible notoriety should be a backdraft to the would-be trolls out there. Troll too much in ranked, and be prepared to be trolled the rest of your existence in that division pool.

Elise's mana cost increase: Complaining about it being a nerf just means you're not willing to take the extra time to learn to effectively use it to melt a champ from full to 0 when they step out of position. This spell is meant to punish champions for bad positioning, rather than be used as a "mystic shot" poke tool

While on that subject Ezreal: People don't play ezreal because he was/is OP. Ezreal is one of the only champs in the AD carry department with a built in flash, but at the price of having absolutely no cc abilities. I think this champion should be left as the "high risk, high reward" champion that he is. The nerfs you want to bring to the table shouldn't be to his stats, but to his mechanics. As an ezreal player myself, I would like to see a full damage trueshot barrage until it hits an enemy champion where THEN it falls to 40% of it's initial damage. This will take back that "ult for the penta" tactic that I see a lot in late game, and encourage two strategic things that the spell is useful for: clearing a lane for a push, and pro-sniping champions.

Katarina changes: Really, this is a compromise. You now get heaps more damage for your ult, at the cost of it being more risky to pull off. Again, high risk high reward. Pentakill Katarina might see a comeback <3

Master Yi: That meditate made for the hardest AP mid to counter. But if you look at the changes, the early game Yi didn't take too much of a hit, whereas the late game "0 to full in one spell" Yi took a little bit of a hit (it'll heal up 50-70% as an AP Yi). What people should take notice of is the early rank buff to the level 1. Healing 200 health is a free red pot, and could mean a more viable early game from Yi in the jungle.

Olaf "nerfs": a lot of the health items in the shop now offer this cool feature: Cool down reduction ( yes Black Cleaver too). With this change to the vicious strikes CD. You can still spam axes, and put down the true damage with the swing, but now you have to think about when you want to bust out the attack speed buff (since that buff will easily allow you to tack on max stacks of the cleaver) and add insult to injury by further whittling away their already low armor with a 30 point after% deduction with Ragnarok.

Shaco nerfs: ಠ_ಠ. I think I would be fine here if you did something for his late game: level 3 Shaco ultimate = Shaco, not with +50% damage taken or the damage nerf. It's understood that with the items introduced in s3, Shaco is able to deal a lot of damage when teamed with his ult. But the preseason hit Shaco's attack speed, which greatly reduced his dps potential late game. leveling off the last rank of hallucinate with Shaco's current abilities would not only make him viable late game again, but allow people who play Shaco, to play him like he is meant to be played; as a champion based on deception.
The way he plays currently, you may as well skin his ultimate to look like tibbers, because every time I play against a Shaco, it is incredibly easy to tell which one is which, and that, I think, is what is hurting Shaco's late game so much.

Also, either detonating the clone (conforming to heimer mechanic of death = no turrets) or being able to control the clone after the champion dies, would be a great quality of life upgrade suggestion.

Sightstone nerfs: a gold increase of 250 is really nothing to complain about. If you effectively use this item in game at it's upgraded form, in a 45 minute game, you will have consumed AT LEAST 3375 gold in wards (this minimum is if you only place wards 3 at a time, and refresh them only when they expire). Look at the item again, note that they're giving supports the extra health, at the cost of not being able to rush the item, and carry your team with it. The sight it provides is invaluable.

Bloodthirster: a 3k item that gives a 100AD increase AND lifesteal was a bit much. This should make the Infinity Edge a comparable item now in terms of viability in an early game AD carry.

Black Cleaver: So much rage over the item getting a 50 point reduction in HP (The tooltip on the item before patch was 250HP, not 300.) @ the ragers: ಠ_ಠ

Trinity Force: I think we will all take a HUGE 2 second break @ 30 minutes to wait for the money we need to combine our items. To be honest, the cost should have been 4200 gold, but for the stats it had before the nerf. Trinity force is the most expensive item in the game for a REASON, lets keep it that way<3.

Bots: I wonder if this means that bot's are becoming autonomous, and self aware, and perhaps organizing to plot the demise of players everywhere O.o

Failtasia

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
[youtube]EevdEwQNjG4[/youtube]

• Trinity Force
    • Combine cost reduced to 3 gold from 300 (total cost reduced to 3903 gold from 4200)
ah is this true? 3 gold combine cost or is is suppose to be like 250?

Kanavi

02-01-2013

can somebody explain this??

-Inhibitors and turrets now have kill callouts.

TisTheWay

02-01-2013

'Ki Strike
Cooldown reduction per attack reduced to 1 second from 1.5
Cooldown reduction per attack while Feint is active reduced to 2 seconds from 3'

Fix the wording on his passive in game please

whydoihaveagun

02-01-2013

sooooo riot.... the more pressing matter....WHO BUFFED KATS ULT!?!?!!?!?! ive seen her penta with two of them?
without being fed she ate a squishy team in 3 seconds flat at least nerf the base damage whose idea was this? terrible patch buffing the strongest champ too A.K.A. volibear, did he rly need any more ridiculous tank damage?