Patch 3.01 Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suripi Okami

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipuntmidgets View Post
I have been playing with riot games back in the days of defense of the ancients (the warcraft 3 mod) and back then between my friends our skill was determined by the bots we were able to face. Now i wont say that i was anywhere near as good at DOTA as I am with League, but i would like to have that same feeling back when facing bots. back in my DOTA days me and my friends could fight bots and feel like we were either going to get destroyed or going to have a very tough game based on the challenge rating and how much gold the bots recieved. The bots in league of legends only have two difficulties and those are, in my terms, "i'm going to win." and "I'm going to win but i can't 5v1." I would like to see bots designed that had higher difficulties. Something that is going to challenge most players and even fairly good players when they attempt to play against them. I know this seems odd as bots don't really give much in the way of experience or Influence Points, but it would still be nice to be reminded of the days that got me stuck in LOL back when it was a warcraft 3 mod. Where I had to download the newest insane bot map so that i could be ready for the next time that i fought my friends. Bots used to be something that I trained with and although it is a moot point now that I can successfully face off against players across America to do that. It would still be enjoyed if I could go back to the good ol' days of "OMG the Dwarven Sniper is coming with Axe RUUUUUNNNN."
Doesn't Co-op vs AI have Intermediate mode on the list?

Takhuan

02-01-2013

I was already carrying with Kennen in my ranked games. He was one of the few champion I could fairly consistently get full stacks on mejai's soulstealer with in ranked games at my elo. That much ap into an ult that lasts through zhonya made it make sense to go glass cannon. You could use your ult defensively 100% to get kills and assists with your team fighting around you.

Zhonya was pretty much the first core item I would get on Kennen and Kennen is also one of the rare few champions I can feel safe starting with a tome and a potion.

Kennen was my first solomid mage so I know him well, but Annie was my favorite mage in season 1-- now she's a shadow of her former self and Kennen is even stronger than he was.

Danny stormborn

02-01-2013

not like the penalties

Ashinayuuki

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takhuan View Post
I was already carrying with Kennen in my ranked games. He was one of the few champion I could fairly consistently get full stacks on mejai's soulstealer with. That much ap into an ult that lasts through zhonya made it make sense to go glass cannon. You could use your ult defensively 100% to get kills and assists with your team fighting around you.

Zhonya was pretty much the first core item I would get on Kennen and Kennen is also one of the rare few champions I can feel safe starting with a tome and a potion.

Kennen was my first solomid mage so I know him well, but Annie was my favorite mage in season 1-- now she's a shadow of her former self and Kennen is even stronger than he was.
That is one of the first things I got on Kennen. The had to listen to my team mates whine and complain saying that should never touch Kennen's build. I found it worked out pretty well!

LoseToaNoob

02-01-2013

Ok riot... add the damn patch later or atleast give us the options to sign in and play jus without ranked ques im getting pissed i stayed home from work.. for this

Wise Squirrel

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonicWind View Post
I noticed at the very bottom that you are letting bots talk to people which may freak players out to a large degree and may confuse them while in game.
Reminds me of the time WWbot and Veigar bot towerdived me in midlane as heimer.

I beat them both, I was ever so happy.

Then WW cursed in all chat and all of my confidence turned into shock and fear as I had realized I got the wrong queue.

TrojanYouth

02-01-2013

Saying: "its a free game, so you cannot criticize," is a really dumb concept. Yeah, WE don't have to pay to play it... But THEY are getting millions, if not, billions from us playing. It's their full time job to make the game as enjoyable as possible for the community. Their entire income is based around how many people play, just the same as a pay-to-play game.

Flipbeast28

02-01-2013

I think you should try and make Volibear and a little bit stronger, he is very strong tank just could use a little more attack damage because most of the time i put everything in Armor

Ashinayuuki

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperbGanker View Post
Ok riot... add the damn patch later or atleast give us the options to sign in and play jus without ranked ques im getting pissed i stayed home from work.. for this
I skipped School -.-; I just got my computer back to come back to this...

LoseToaNoob

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanYouth View Post
Saying: "its a free game, so you cannot criticize," is a really dumb concept. Yeah, WE don't have to pay to play it... But THEY are getting millions, if not, billions from us playing. It's their full time job to make the game as enjoyable as possible for the community. Their entire income is based around how many people play, just the same as a pay-to-play game.
plus all the people who actually do pay for skins champs runepages ect.. i know i did

PS: Riot atleast have One of your team members come out to this page and give us a update on about how long u think its going to take to finish ur update so i know how long i can go do something for cause im bored sitting here looking at my screen waiting for this bs