Goth Annie Available in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AncientPenguin

Junior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthPlaya View Post
Like the other person said

Actual sales pitch for the Digital Collector's Edition:

Step into the ultimate Multiplayer Online Battle Arena and experience the best elements of team-based, competitive MMO-style RPG combat boiled down into fast paced game sessions!

League Of Legends Digital Collectors Pack Features:

- 20 additional playable Champions
- 4 powerful Summoner Runes
- Goth Annie skin, exclusive to the Digital Collector's Edition

Your argument is flawed. If you really want the skin buy it in the bundle like everyone else.

As for the giving in to whiners and complainers, they gave in to the whiners and complainers that wanted it to be separated from the bundle to begin with, they just saw that it kinda screwed over the bundle buyers and went back on it.
except you missed just a tiiiiiny little detail there mate... that sales pitch is Three. Years. Old.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katasumai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientPenguin View Post
Btw, the Annie skin still would've been fully exclusive, because you were selling it exclusively for those ten days in celebration of her VU.
Exclusive skins are exclusive because they're exclusively obtainable at particular circumstances or events. It doesn't say it anywhere that Goth Annie is exclusively bound to pack purchases.. just that it is an exclusive skin.. period.
This
This
This
This
This
all of this
thank you i have been saying that non stop to many people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evilzorz

Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnel Infinity View Post
1. She is not "your" Goth Annie.

2. She's not even a limited skin. She is currently available all of the time, except she is available as part of a bundle of which most people already own most of the parts. Just because you may have been willing to pay $9485468 for a bundle because of ONE of the items doesn't mean everyone else in the community must be restricted to such foolish actions as well. If Riot never made any promises that Goth Annie would NEVER be available outside of the bundle, then you have nothing to complain about.

1. She is my annie skin, as i own her.

2. Read the digital CE that was re-posted above, especially the "Exclusive to the CE" part. If you want to talk about how unfair it is to restrict the community, why dont you go campaign about any of the skins being unavailable. Under your logic, why am i been restricted unfairly as im unable to go get black alistair or re-gifted amumu?,

The answer is simple, people are too entitled. You want the skin, buy the bundle like everyone else. If its not worth it to you, fine, dont buy it. You're not entitled to everything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainTDM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by this. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for Goth Annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.
Nice balls Riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hal Frank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LustLV View Post
And I suggest you keep old annie, you know the one you bought and let them sell their new skin how ever they want. Its not about old or new because both old and new players want to buy the skin. What does your levels or your time playing the game have to do with a skin pack that did not have this new skin at all. Same title different skin period
Really? like ... what the hell is going into your mind... you want that swag... go buy the pack, you dont feel like it's "worth it" because bla bla you got all champs... (i extremely doubt it in your case) well dont buy the pack as simple as that

old players who haven't got this skin just didnt feel it was worth it spend that much RP just for a skin and it's a 100% ok for not having it, just stop QQing, as a matter of fact, people just want it for the annie boom.... later will be forgotten again like 1 or 2 months ago


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cerebella

Junior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilzorz View Post
1. She is my annie skin, as i own her.

2. Read the digital CE that was re-posted above, especially the "Exclusive to the CE" part. If you want to talk about how unfair it is to restrict the community, why dont you go campaign about any of the skins being unavailable. Under your logic, why am i been restricted unfairly as im unable to go get black alistair or re-gifted amumu?,

The answer is simple, people are too entitled. You want the skin, buy the bundle like everyone else. If its not worth it to you, fine, dont buy it. You're not entitled to everything.
You own eight year old girls?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katasumai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauFirefox View Post
Dear Riot, I have been so far addressing fellow summoners but this post is for you. This seems to be a bit of a mess in the way it was handled. The way I see it you have 3 choices to handle this professionally and make most people happy. Of course, I am not an employee, this is just from my point of view.

One, make it available anyway for the originally planned limited time and a public apology for how the whole situation was handled. I think this is your best option.

Two, release it another way, in another pack, discount the current pack for people who have the champions, or something that has been suggested. Very loose idea, but could turn out better and make most people happy if done with care.

Three, a recent idea I had. Make it available to ONLY players who have the whole pack already except the skin. I.E. "You must have every champion in the Digital Collectors Pack to purchase this skin" then make it a 975 skin once those conditions are met. Making both people who got the pack, and people who have the champions from playing a long time, have some exclusivity to it, as that is a lot of specific champions to acquire.
I respect this post in all of its ideas.
I agree the first idea is going to be the easiest and best to resolve.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StealthPlaya

Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientPenguin View Post
except you missed just a tiiiiiny little detail there mate... that sales pitch is Three. Years. Old.
Why does it matter how old it is? Nobody that bought it cared how old it was. In fact no one cared about this skin until it got updated and now they jump on the bandwagon and don't want to spend anymore than they have to, which is understandable I mean who would right. But do you really think you are entitled to pay less than others who bought it at it's current price?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbsolutionJailor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Dear Riot,

Once again, the very vocal and outraged minority has forced your hand. You need to understand that many people are going to post when they are outraged, as opposed to when they are pleased. Many people who agree with a sentiment simply smile and move on, without voicing their redundant support of something that they believe will happen.

Yet you continue to allow a very small sample size to terrorize you into changing your mind.

This happened with the Treeline skins. A few people with the means to instantly satisfy themselves have screwed over every single player who will ever come to this game hoping to access those skins.

I hope you understand what is happening here. Anyone can tell you that the average person, given a voice, is infinitely more likely to point out what they don't like, rather than chime support of something they do like.

By listening to 414 downvotes, you silence the voices of thousands who don't have a chance to voice their support. And what exactly are the downvotes representing? People who are unhappy with the skin's release? Its cancellation? Your initial decision?

You're smarter than this. Gauging a community's reaction by listening to the least happy percentile is asinine.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evilzorz

Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardustering View Post
You own eight year old girls?
In this case, just their skin