Goth Annie Available in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waffleflies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by this. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for Goth Annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.
truly, truly, truly outrageous

Tank of Solaris

01-31-2013

Honestly, I really loved the feel of having some old skins that none of my other friends that I play with do. Now, though since Riot is releasing many of the old skins, my friends are just buying them all, so i don't really get the feel of being a more experienced player in a way. The idea of getting Goth Annie so easily as it would come is not my favorite.... but i guess this is what riot wanted to do to make more money with Annie's visual update. The only legacy skins i can think of that haven't been released again was the 2011 Halloween skins and the 2009-2010 Christmas and holiday skins.

DarkScioin

01-31-2013

I have to ask....to those of you that bought the collectors edition did you already own all those champions? If not what do you expect those of us, that do own those champions, to do to get the skin? pay 35 bucks to get ONE skin when we already own the champions?

I can bet you that 35 bucks that back in the days when you bought said collectors edition that you did not own a single champion and that you did not buy it for the skin. Again what about those of us that want the skin but own the champions?

Neutronion

01-31-2013

It is very contraproductive to complain about Riot "giving in" to popular demand, when actually they were just listening to reason. It does not matter on which side of this debate you stand (I personally would have loved to get this skin) - the situation was the following: Riot looked at the facts (it clearly states 'exclusive' in the description of the collector's pack) and adjusted the offer to their intern policy regarding exclusive skins.
If we don't let them fix mistakes - even if it is an unpleasant mistake - they might not be so open minded in the future. Think about this for a second: would you want them to stay stubborn if there were a real problem just so they won't seem 'weak'? Revision is a good thing and a necessary thing.
Sorry, english isn't my native tongue.

NEVER HAM ENOUGH

01-31-2013

Bring back Kitty Katarina

problem solved

Jubbington

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Wow i was going to buy this as soon as this came out, I don't want to waste money on champs i already got, I really wanted it

HappyDerpy

01-31-2013

i own like all the champs in the damn bundle.

i am not blasting that kinda money on one skin.

it is sad to see that is wont be coming on it's own.

so lame

Necrode

01-31-2013

It's a shame I can't pick it up... But I totally get the exclusivity deal.

Animato

01-31-2013

i feel bad for riot right now...damned if they do, damned if they don't

Doishi

Recruiter

01-31-2013

I remember when riot decided to put Riot Singed back in the store for a limited time for people who didn't buy it when they already announced the skin would be unobtainable, and that went by smoothly no one complained and ruined the opportunity for others to acquire this skin, there was no compensation for players who bought this skin when it first came out and that actually is a legit rare skin, and now riot decides to release Goth Annie as a single for a limited time and there's all these cry babies so now anyone who wants it has to buy the bundle once again, I for one think that is total bull****, I mean the skin is still obtainable it was never taken out of the store but because most of you who own the skin probably bought the bundle when you had first started playing this game you want to cry about how the skin is rare and holds special value when in actuality it isn't, it's not like they are releasing all of Annie's skins for the duration, majority of the people I know who bought the bundle only got it for the champions and runes the skin was just an added bonus that most of them don't even use.