Goth Annie Available in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarkoth

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by this. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for Goth Annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.

This is the wrong decision. Shame on you for letting whiny people talk you out of the best decision you have made in a very long time. (As a Huntress Sivir fan, I am constantly angry it isn't easily available)

I rarely post on forums, but this really upsets me. Just because some people in the past got a raw deal does not mean you need to continue giving a raw deal to the rest of the community. In fact, those of us deprived of the skin we thought we were going to be able to get are probably more in number and equally upset as those few that got the bundle for the skin. (and, lets be honest, you could just give them something to make up for it. Seriously.)

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by this. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for Goth Annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.
All I want is you to stop doing retarded ****, you bring hopes up then crush them, screw the Annie skin, I'm mad at your double standard change of minds, it piss me off, currently for every single good thing you have done for the eComerce for Riot you have done 2 wrong.

STOP IT.

Tividar90

01-31-2013

I've never actually posted on these forums before, but I felt the need to get on and voice my displeasure at Riot backtracking on releasing this sale. On my way home from work today, a friend of mine told me Goth Annie would be available, and I was very excited at the prospect of being able to purchase her. Not even a half hour later and I get home to find Riot has caved because of people complaining? This really saddens me.

To make an official announcement and then go back on it within a few hours is just ridiculous to me. Especially since it was something that I know myself and a good amount of LoL-playing friends were incredibly excited for, and it wasn't an "unofficial leak" or anything of the sort.

I worry that I'm going to be very cynical toward Riot now. Karma, one of my pet champs that I adore, is getting a rework and visual update? Sure, until people complain that it's ugly for 2 hours and Riot reverts it. Trundle is getting a visual update soon? I'll believe that when I see it... or maybe I won't since Riot might back down from that decision when too many people complain that they like the old Trundle better.

Overall, I'm just incredibly disappointed.

Spirit Master

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatredTrinity View Post
wtf i wanted to buy goth annie U ALWAYS RUIN EVERYTHING QQ
I agree, not everyone has the RP to buy a whole pack solely for one skin. However I understand why they are taking back the decision. They have to approve to the majority. Even they said they were taken aback by the response. Its very upsetting,

Knote

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adumu View Post
A new player joining LoL has a perfectly valid reason to purchase the bundle, and receive Goth Annie in doing so. A level 30 who owns most champions in said bundle, however, is up **** creek. In the end, while this caters to the whims of those who bought her either while it was a good deal, or the determined ones who spent 20 dollars on a single regular skin.

Please, Riot, at least come up with some sort of solution that works for both parties. This sucks for those of us who were hyped up, really. Me and my pals who had wanted that skin from before this (all of whom had hit level 30 or close to it and have almost all champs in the bundle) were extremely excited. Now we are disappoint.
TBH they desperately need to update the bundle anyway, they should do some kind of "build a bundle" deal temporarily where you can pick and choose champs that are older than the past 10 champs, and you can get goth annie with it or something.

Either that or just refund everyone who bought the bundle some RP and sell the damn thing.

TheEnygma

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartkun View Post
Thank you got going back on your decision. It just punishes players who bought the entire pack for the skin.

Don't punish players who supported you more in the past.
uh, here's the faulty logic: the amount of people who would've bought Goth Annie at the 975 price point is HUGE because they're not going to spend that much money for a skin (which btw, doesn't hold a candle to Panda) and champs they already own and they have the common sense to know not to buy something that expensive for different pixels.

Also, those people would've still supported Riot by giving them money to buy the skin at 10 bucks in the first place, now there will be people less inclined to buy it based on this decision, or its high price tag. You're just using this as an excuse to show off and hold it above all the others.

Corpse Killir

01-31-2013

Well Riot to help counter act the people that are complaining about the digital collectors edition thing,the people that bought those collectors edition packs could get an Icon of some sort, I dont know throwing out ideas. I mean I bought the pack because you got the most out of the pack, a bunch of champions, rp, and the limited skin, I honestly am a little upset about it but I don't care because they do this all the time, its to be expected after remodel.

Hatter Maddigan

01-31-2013

Postal twinkie you keep quiet. they promote the skin as exclusive that is completely different from what you are saying. stop trying to get the support of the whiney people that didnt either buy the pack when it was useful to them or just want to get the skin now.

Ryou Takeshi

Recruiter

01-31-2013

You went back on your decision? Are you ****ing idiotic? Don't listen to any of the stupid bull**** these idiots are spouting oh my ****ing god. Some of us really ****ing want this skin and don't want to spend a fortune on it, so would you please come to your senses and don't change all of your plans every time two people cry about it?

confrontations

01-31-2013

Well, dang. That's a shame, I was looking forward to picking up the skin without having to waste loads of RP on Champions the most of which I already own. Sheeeeeeit, Riot. Hopefully we can find a middle ground (like... psst... releasing her as a LEGENDARY SKIN) before the patch launches!