Goth Annie Available in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B1GM3N3S

01-31-2013

hmm

Adumu

01-31-2013

A new player joining LoL has a perfectly valid reason to purchase the bundle, and receive Goth Annie in doing so. A level 30 who owns most champions in said bundle, however, is up **** creek. In the end, while this caters to the whims of those who bought her either while it was a good deal, or the determined ones who spent 20 dollars on a single regular skin.

Please, Riot, at least come up with some sort of solution that works for both parties. This sucks for those of us who were hyped up, really. Me and my pals who had wanted that skin from before this (all of whom had hit level 30 or close to it and have almost all champs in the bundle) were extremely excited. Now we are disappoint.

Malik Caesars

01-31-2013

Well, I WAS excited. guess I'm still going to pay the 30 for Goth Annie, runes....and Malphite.

Jowy Avilon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by this. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for Goth Annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.
I was one of the ones who bought the collectors for the skin but I personally don't think this is the right way to do things. Honestly, the way it should happen is release it to the store for the masses so they can get their hands on it but issue at least a partial refund of RP to those who bought the collectors just for that skin perhaps refund half of the bundle cost or a little more, that way everyone wins. Just my 2 cents though.

opaoppai

01-31-2013

RIOT DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE OF US WE'RE CRAZY.

Do what you think is best cause we can't make up our minds.

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by this. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for Goth Annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.
<3

Striderrs

01-31-2013

I'm severely disappointed in this reversal. I'm not an Annie player and had no intention of buying this skin, but the fact that all it took was a vocal outburst from a few dozen players to completely reverse the decision is just disheartening.

I recall there was a pretty large backlash when Riot announced that they were going to be re-releasing the holiday skins, such as the Mistletoe LeBlanc skin.

A MUCH better solution would have been to refund anybody who purchased the collectors pack the 975rp.

Bakabridget

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrmeister View Post
It ain't exclusive, dumbass, it's there in the ****ing shop for anyone to buy.

But why will anyone pay 40 champs worth of RP on top of it, when they just want the skin? It makes no sense, people with common sense actually skipped doing that.
I spent the money just for the skin! Annie is one of my favorite characters so it was an obvious decision for me.

wild fawx

01-31-2013

Once i found out she was getting a visual update I purchased the bundle for 3900 JUST for the goth annie skin. 1 week later ... announcement that it's going to be released for 975. Sigh. what a waste of money.

Whirblewind

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Guys....

This amounts to Riot doing a discounted skin sale on this skin, much like they do with other skins.

Goth Annie isn't a limited skin, anyone that buys the Collectors Pack gets it. Riot is just providing a more cost effective way of doing it to celebrate the new model of Annie.
How like a wrenchmen to not actually read the riot replies.