Goth Annie Available in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dumb Broad

02-01-2013

So you would rather make people pay $30 for the skin than upset people that are crying over literally nothing?

How many people do you think paid for the Collector's Edition for the sole purpose of getting Goth Annie before all this? I am willing to bet pretty much nobody. This isn't a bunch of angry people that paid a lot of money for just a skin, and are rebelling at the thought of other people getting it for less. This is a bunch of people that paid for the CE ages ago, probably didn't even realize they even had Goth Annie, or don't even remember how they got it, crying for no reason.

As a byproduct of this decision you are making people that own every champion (or at least all, or most, of the ones included in the CE) pay $30 for a single skin. If greed is your motivation I'd think you'd make more of a profit by releasing the skin at a normal skin price for at least a limited time.

ltachi

02-01-2013

I want all the toys for myself! No one else can have any or mine won't be as fun! They're only fun if i know other people can't play with them!

SecondHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

I hate this particular decision. At least make it available for a single weekend or something for purchase as a stand-alone. ONE weekend.

I don't feel like I should have to pay for more than a legendary skin to get that skin. I have all her other ones including the discontinued ones... If you had bought the collector's pack before now, at least you always had the skin and always will be able to get it that way. Don't be such selfish jerks with these herapderp complaints and kind of let the rest of the community have a chance at something good.

Interestingly enough, when I joined League of Legends... I didn't really originally intend to stick around and keep playing. Some friends had gotten me into it, so I just kinda played with them at first. Then, as time went on, I fell more and more in love with League of Legends as a game in general. However, by the time I had grown to like that game and knew I would stay around with the community along with actually purchasing RP, I owned mostly all of the champs that were 3150 and below.

To a player such as myself, and I know there are tons out there... We may not necessarily want to drop real-life monies on a game until we know we love it. Most people don't have the extremely disposable income to try a game and immediately drop cash on all the bundles available. Especially in a case like mine where this was my first Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) title.

Would I like Goth Annie and the Sivir skin to finish off my collection? Of course. I just feel that a palette swap skin shouldn't run me substantially more than a Legendary Skin to purchase. Riot knows this too and wanted to make it right to the community by selling it as a stand-alone, but all of the massive amounts of crying made them retract the statement. It just seems logically unsound.

TLDR version:
1) The bundles are intended for newbies, but most brand new players will not drop cash on them until.....
2) Most players who start using/purchasing RP and collecting skins already have some of them for their favorites. Particularly due to their design, immediate favorites are usually 1350 or less for newcomers.
3) Newcomers who have decided to purchase RP are likely to own the vast majority or all of the content from Bundles by time they decide to purchase them.
4) A palette swap skin shouldn't run me substantially more than a Legendary Skin. Should Silver Kayle cost more than Aetherwing Kayle? If this is true, I think this game will have the stupidest price model I have ever seen in my history of gaming. (3900 RP for a palette swap)
5) Just because some people complain doesn't mean it is for the overall good or want of the majority of the League of Legends community. We have seen where most of us wanted Katarina to dance on a candycane pole. LOTS of people complained about that, but the truth was... It didn't fit her whole "sexy independent cool psycho killer woman" vibe. And despite all the dudes who wanted to see her poll dance, we got a different backing animation;
6) Right now, the people complaining about the Annie skin are those who got it before it as an impulse buy before they really started playing the game or they were just diehard completionists who wanted Annie's Goth skin. They could always be happy that they got it before 95% of the people who also wanted to buy that skin. No need for "reparations" or anything since you didn't put anyone in slavery.
7) If you get a cool car and you see someone else with a cool car, you should be happy for them. They didn't TAKE something from you or hurt you by getting the same car.

Kaelath The Red

02-02-2013

I really don't see the point in raging over Goth annie, her Default skin is a Gothic outfit to begin with. now if this was about a Beetlejuice themed annie and Tibbers I'd be raging like Renekton on a monday.

Styxinator

02-02-2013

I hope no one buys it out of spite once they get their **** together and decide what they are going to go about this.

ApocolyticPlague

Recruiter

02-02-2013

So in other words you enjoy making a majority or the community miserable? I mean really, you can not tell me that over 60% of the riot community bought this bundle. In the time I have played League I have seen only about 10 people including myself play Annie. So even if this lets say 40% (which I doubt it is that high) bought this full bundle, who said that any of them even play Annie or use the skin. But look at it, you are not making people happy with this decision either. And it is not like you were putting the skin up for stand alone purchase forever, it was for 10 days, make it less if that is what you need to do. But it is not fair to punish everyone who purchase RP ahead of time to buy this skin then get told it was not happening. Are you going to refund us all if we complain enough, I doubt it. And if enough of us complain about you taking away our chance for purchasing Goth Annie for less than $30 you will start the event again? I sure hope so.

In the end you need to look at it this way, which part of the community is bigger, those would want Goth Annie as a stand alone and those who don't which ever is bigger is should win. Not fair is what a few may say but tell me, is it fair that someone only put points on their account to get this skin and have it taken away? is it fair that now if this person wants this skin they have to purchase another chunk of points to buy this collectors pack and will get nothing out of it other than the skin because they own all the champions? No none of it is fair, if you think that them releasing it is unfair then you need to suck it up, I think Goth Annie deserves her chance to shine. because not enough people play Annie as is, and the ones who do, do not normally have a skin because she is under appreciated. In the end this should be Riots decisions with no influence from everyone else, look at the numbers. Would you make more people happy with you release this skin or no? Make you decision off of that not some babies who threatens to quit if you release her. If that is all it takes to make them quit them let them leave, they do not deserve to play the game.

DruidEpona

02-02-2013

I was excited to have an opportunity to buy Goth Annie. Pretty disappointed that because some people cried over it Riot decided against it. Make a decision and stick to it. You are never going to make everyone 100% happy. But don't say you're going to release something and then decide against it playing mind games with people

Purple Mischief

02-02-2013

Dick move by riot for U-Turning. Grow some balls and dont be so hasty to change your mind when a few people start crying.

Lord Zayeir

02-02-2013

Riot, please stop listening to much to the community! I know for a fact that A LOT of people put in the money to get the annie skin, and are now PISSED cause of these idiots crying about it coming out and getting the release cancelled. Please stop listening to much to the community and start doing what YOU think is right.

Why should anything who doesn't have the annie skin have to spend another 3900 RP to get it? Especially if they've already bought a lot of bundles, or own most of the champs in the bundle where you get that skin. I personally own all the champs, and more than 60% of the skins in the game, and I AM NOT willing to spend 3900 rp for 1 skin. Release the annie skin or you can be guaranteed to have A LOT of refund demands, and A LOT of people posting on public sites, such as facebook and twitter, telling people to no longer buy RP.

Please release the skin, and from now on do what YOU Riot think is right.

Impette

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

I wish that Riot would listen to us. We really want this skin to be a single-sale purchase.
That bundle is just too expensive, and not worth it.
Sure, you get some runes, and some old champs. But it's not worth the extra $20 just to get a recolor of Annie's original skin. There's changes to Tibbers, but that's about all.
They really look about the same. And I don't believe this skin should be in a bundle anymore.
Maybe put a new bundle in, instead, and put Goth Annie for sale on shop as a standalone purchase.

Or even just do the original plan, and put Goth Annie in stores for a few days. This isn't going to kill it's 'rarity'. It's not even rare in the first place. It's expensive.