Goth Annie Available in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

TAKE TO THE POLL ON PAGE 1! For or against ggogoogogog

DoctorBeer

02-01-2013

What a bunch of babies in this community, skins don't harm your 'e-pen'. I even owned one from the pack and I say release the skin.

KrystalSundancer

02-01-2013

You know I kind of wanted Goth Annie for the limited availability but now that its yanked away, I'm a little bummed. Thanks Riot.

Mughi of Ruckus

02-01-2013

Augh. I was really excited by this, too.

SpiritBomb42

02-01-2013

As someone who was super excited to see Goth Annie temporarily available, im pretty disappointed in Riot for not releasing the skin. I personally did not even know that you could get collector packs with the unattainable skins until i had already obtained half of the champions within the packs. Skin Exclusivity is one thing, but reneging on an announcement to release a previously unattainable skin i think is an insult to players who do appreciate the rare opportunities to obtain rare skins like Goth Annie... it would be tantamount to (and this is a hypothetical situation) Riot announcing the opening of the legacy skin vault at Christmas and then releasing a statement along the lines of Oh, were sorry but due to feedback were not going to TEMPORARILY release the 30 skins we said we were going to release...

Very disappointing Riot...

NauFirefox

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientPenguin View Post
So the way I see it there is a good reason why this skin should be put on a limited sale.. and yes it is only a single, valid reason. That's to give players, who have already bought all of the champions over time, a chance to get the skin without paying the price of two legendary skins for it..(for those of you ready to comment on the 1380RP refund I'll remind you that in order to buy the pack you need to have bought at least 3900RP first.)

For those that would argue that it's not fair for people to get a chance to get the skin cheaper than they did (e.g. "I supported riot more than you back in the day bla bla..") I direct you to this neatly calculated comment to remind you just how much you actually payed for the skin.. 'back in the day'

For those who'd argue "But it's exclusive omg omg if you put it on sale it's not exclusive omg exclusive exclusive exclusive etc." I invite you to read this little thing called the dictionary.

For those who payed the full price while owning all the champs just to get the skin think it was the only way.. I get that. It sucks. However it doesn't constitute flat out flaming and raging against riot moments after the statement was released. You should all have the clear head on your shoulders to know that by talking it over with riot employees and on this post you would most likely be reimbursed just like people who buy champions days before champ sales. Shame on you.
On a side note those who bought that pack back in the day, you have literally no argument here, since the wast majority of you did buy the pack for the champions.. and most who've said otherwise are just lying out of unjust frustration.

Lastly I need to say that this whole fiasco is riots fault. They have made an error in their public relations and hold full responsibility here. Hippalus stated that "To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity." so they will be doing something to fix this. I have no idea what (and I suspect neither do they at this moment) but the best course of action as I see it, and this has been posted before here, is to simply go through with the sale while issuing a public apology for the way they handled this matter.

TL;DR? Nope, not doing that since this post already pretty much summarizes all the arguments and counter arguments in this thread anyway.

PS. Just to clarify my stand point: I bought the Digital's collector's pack a couple of days ago. Primarily for the goth Annie skin but seeing as I still had a few champions (I think 5) missing from the list it wasn't an utter waste of cash. = Completely independent from this discussion.
Glad to see my posts are making an impact. Thanks for the intelligent response.

Septum

02-01-2013

>.> wow so because ppl want to be "special" (which you are not anyone can buy the skin still it is just 3900 rp) we wont be able to get it for cheap >.> sigh/facepalm

NauFirefox

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtu? View Post
Think about it though, Riot will still make money. Between all of the extra hype, and the new visual upgrades, people are STILL going to pay that 4k RP just for goth annie. Just like people are STILL paying over 3k RP for Pulsefire Ezreal.
Pulsefire Ezreal is a unique skin pack, that goes above and beyond that of an actual "Skin". Where as Goth Annie is part of a pack of champions that a lot of people already own. You can buy Pulsefire Ezreal anytime and not lose value because you won't have any of the pack.

The DCE is obtainable in all but the skin.

VirtuÄ™

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauFirefox View Post
Pulsefire Ezreal is a unique skin pack, that goes above and beyond that of an actual "Skin". Where as Goth Annie is part of a pack of champions that a lot of people already own. You can buy Pulsefire Ezreal anytime and not lose value because you won't have any of the pack.

The DCE is obtainable in all but the skin.
You're only informing me about something I already know.

Acena

02-01-2013

Solution to people wanting to play annie now that her goth annie skin is better looking and they bought the DCE. Ban annie every game. Make them enraged by the fact your blocking their abillity to use Goth Annie.