Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Goth Annie Available in the Upcoming Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evilzorz

01-31-2013

Quote:
NauFirefox:
This thread isn't about wanting what we can't have, it is about being promised something by a professional company and then having our trust in them broken by them going back on what they promised was going to happen.

This isn't about being told what we COULD do, it was being told what was going to happen, under their control.

I was promised well before you that the skin was exclusive.

So which promise do they break? the one people paid money for, or the one that hasnt happened yet?

LustLV

01-31-2013

Why should the rest of the community pay for the dumb decisions a few have done of buying a pack for a skin and not for the entire content

SugàrFreeMints

01-31-2013

Quote:
NauFirefox:
This thread isn't about wanting what we can't have, it is about being promised something by a professional company and then having our trust in them broken by them going back on what they promised was going to happen.

This isn't about being told what we COULD do, it was being told what was going to happen, under their control.

Err they also promised that the skin is exclusive and only comes with the Digital Collector’s Pack.. and by canceled it they're trying to be a professional company..
once again read this : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=18374&highlight=exclusive

Quote:
Mr Prodigious:
Self-entitled o_O? Are you by any chance a Liberal?

Here are the facts, my good sir.

Some of us effectively paid 3900 RP for the skin. This is a fact.
Originally, Riot wanted to bring the price down to 975 RP. This is a fact.
That means that people would be purchasing it for almost 3000 RP less than what we had to pay for it. This is a fact.
You can still buy it; no one's stopping you from going out and paying just as much as the rest of us. This is a fact.
According to Elobuff, you don't even play Annie. This is a fact.

Now please, stop getting so upset. No one's stopping you from buying the skin -- you just feel like you're entitled to get it at 975 because Riot said that it was going to be out for 2 hours. It's not like they promised it'd be out for weeks then cancelled. Please, take your angsty little teenage self and go to sleep.
That's a really nice fact finding sir

Evilzorz

01-31-2013

Quote:
LustLV:
Why should the rest of the community pay for the dumb decisions a few have done of buying a pack for a skin and not for the entire content

In that regard, why should the rest of the community be punished for not preordering for black alastiar, or for missing ANY skin.

Again, entitlement. Your not being "punished". your free to pay what we did for the skin.

Jowy Avilon

01-31-2013

I have posted this a couple of time through out the thread, but I REALLY want this to get seen honestly so I am going to drop it in again...

I was one of the ones who bought the collectors for the skin but I personally don't think this is the right way to do things. Honestly, the way it should happen is release it to the store for the masses so they can get their hands on it but issue at least a partial refund of RP to those who bought the collectors just for that skin perhaps refund half of the bundle cost or a little more, that way everyone wins. Just my 2 cents though.

ElementalDrake

Recruiter

01-31-2013

WOW.
Spins go "on sale" all the fricken time.
Things change so it shouldn't matter about it going on sale for a short time.
BS that I have to have $20-30 dollars on a stupid pack just for the skin and to re-get the champs.
At the least Riot should make an alternative decision about it instead of breaking the hopes for some of us.

Evilzorz

01-31-2013

Quote:
Jowy Avilon:
I have posted this a couple of time through out the thread, but I REALLY want this to get seen honestly so I am going to drop it in again...

I was one of the ones who bought the collectors for the skin but I personally don't think this is the right way to do things. Honestly, the way it should happen is release it to the store for the masses so they can get their hands on it but issue at least a partial refund of RP to those who bought the collectors just for that skin perhaps refund half of the bundle cost or a little more, that way everyone wins. Just my 2 cents though.

I posted something similar.

Id be cool with it being sold for 18xx, getting RP compensation on my CE purchase or the option to request a retired skin. This way, the CE purchasers also get something instead of being screwed over, and the babies get their annie skin

NauFirefox

01-31-2013

Quote:
Evilzorz:
Ive proved you wrong several times this thread, you just move on to another bull**** side topic hoping to avoid embarrassment. Also, i liked it in the post your referring to, proving your an idiot for missing the link. One more time, you might click it this time.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=18374&highlight=exclusive

First and second riot responses clearly state that the annie skin in the ce is....E.X.C.L.U.S.I.V.E

As for your stupid bull**** dinnerware thing, mugs are sold separately, goth annie is not.

No, you haven't, you didn't link it in that thread and if you did you were misquoted. Also, I'm not an idiot, I'm also mature enough to admit when I have been shown they did say it was exclusive. But now let us look at the definition of exclusive shall we? How about another quote.
Quote:
Chetan:
Okay so I'm getting annoyed with people trying to justify why Riot should not release the Goth Annie skin by saying because the bundle makes the skin exclusive. This makes me see all of you that don't want the Annie skin released as stupid. I will link you guys to a very special website that will make you all a little bit smarter http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exclusive (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exclusive) please click the link and be enlightened as to why by having a limited time sale it is still regarded as "exclusive". Now please stop saying you don't want them to sell it because it becomes less "exclusive" because it doesn't. It stays exclusive because if you clicked the link to the "make me less dumb website" you will see that exclusive can mean "restricted in distribution, use, or appeal because of expense". How is having a limited time sale making it less exclusive?

Release the skin instead of listening to the people complain because it's the minority that doesn't want this. Please Riot

Yes I was wrong, they stated it was exclusive, they have every right to re-release it for a LIMITED TIME.

LustLV

01-31-2013

Quote:
Evilzorz:
In that regard, why should the rest of the community be punished for not preordering for black alastiar, or for missing ANY skin.

Again, entitlement. Your not being "punished". your free to pay what we did for the skin.

Yeah because money grows on trees and everyone has piles to sit on because greedy people cant understand that this isnt the skin you were originally sold, the old skin is the one from the pack not this one so why claim something that wasnt sold to you?

SugàrFreeMints

01-31-2013

Quote:
Evilzorz:
I posted something similar.

Id be cool with it being sold for 18xx, getting RP compensation on my CE purchase or the option to request a retired skin. This way, the CE purchasers also get something instead of being screwed over, and the babies get their annie skin

you should upvoted this

Here's just a thought (i think it's a win-win solution)

What Riot Must Do! :
- Refund RP to the bundle owner (should have a proper value for exclusive skin i suggest more than 975RP)
- Make Goth Annie a normal skin and available all the time not just exclusive limited time purchase
- Remove Goth Annie skin from the CE bundle. and renew the content of the bundle, it's outdated anyway
- Give more benefits/compensation for the owner of the collector's editon bundle at the next upcoming "Summoner icon rewards for big Riot supporters" I personally prefer a cool exclusive profile banner (like the pulsefire ezreal) and an exclusive summoner icons.. It should be unique and finely made..
- Promise not to put a stupid sale like this ever.. (like re-sale limited/exclusive items)

What Riot gets :
- More RP from those who wants Goth Annie skin
- Content previous CE bundle owner

What Previous CE bundle buyer gets :
- Hopefully more than 975RP refund
- Still have this conflicted Goth Annie skin
- Exclusive Profile Banner and Summoner icon as CE bundle owner as compensation for that conflicted skin.

What those who really wants this skin gets :
- Well you get the skin