@gypsylord, vi's ultimate and its interaction with dead people

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

In another thread, you mentioned that vi's ultimate goes on cooldown when someone becomes untargetable because you've still potentially disrupted their team on your way to them. To follow up on this, I just had a game where an allied naut used his ult on a champion who died before the ult hit. He still had the ultimate and was able to use it soon after. Doesn't the same logic apply to naut ult as to vi ult? You are going to be knocking up other members of the enemy team, so why shouldn't the ult go on cooldown? Does it have to do with the fact that the target died rather than becoming invulnerable? Does the same apply to vi if that's the case?

sergeantpickle

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
In another thread, you mentioned that vi's ultimate goes on cooldown when someone becomes untargetable because you've still potentially disrupted their team on your way to them.

To follow up on this, I just had a game where an allied naut used his ult on a champion who died before the ult hit. He still had the ultimate and was able to use it soon after. Doesn't the same logic apply to naut ult as to vi ult? You are going to be knocking up other members of the enemy team, so why shouldn't the ult go on cooldown? Does it have to do with the fact that the target died rather than becoming invulnerable? Does the same apply to vi if that's the case?
Vi's goes on cooldown. On the plus side, I didn't care because my team was smart enough to focus the correct targets but it still sucks.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

bump

Fomorian27

02-01-2013

bump/

Lvl 8 Psyduck

02-01-2013

dude you can't be serious.

Even naut ult should pop out if someone died.

can you Imagine ulting someone in the back then he die before It hits him while knocking everyone up.

I don't think it will refresh unless you still in the casting animation and the ult animation didn't start.

This works with all skills in this game .

Fomorian27

02-01-2013

This contradicts what I saw in game. The person was playing astronautilus, and the ult circle that appears around the target signifying the ult has started appeared, then vanished when the person died.

Fomorian27

02-01-2013

bump/