Lag spikes during 7:30-10:30 pm PST ONLY IN LEAGUE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iBouncer

01-31-2013

So for the past two and a half almost three weeks, every night when I'm on league, my lag spikes reach pings of 400-500 , and it lasts for about maybe 10 seconds, then comes down to about 70-95 , then back and forth back and forth.

The rest of the hours of the day is just fine and I experience no lag at all.

Also for what its worth, during those "lag hours" my safari, youtube, you name it nothing else lags .....so it can't be my provider.

Anything in particular a Riot admin can tell me about or is anyone else experiencing something similar ? Again this has only been going on for almost 2 weeks + :/

Thanks

Mayback

01-31-2013

Around the same time for me here in SoCal my internet completely dies. It'll disconnect everything and it has never happened unless I play LoL. Maybe a coincidence but its annoying as hell.

Wrentok

01-31-2013

im having this happen quite a bit too and it happens more often during "peak" hours 4pm-11pm PST very rarely happens earlier in the day.

Snp

01-31-2013

Actually it can be your provider, and its links/backbone to various places. i.e. it might have a wonderful link to the data center you tube is hosted in, but its link to riots servers may not be the same. this is only an option, not saying it is your provider, but it could be. not all providers have great backbone networks. I used to have similar issues with an older ISP. Good luck with your queries.

deeeej

01-31-2013

Holy ****, same here!!

l33t

01-31-2013

Is this real life?

I've been having the same issue here. It's been killing me trying to figure out what's wrong. Texas here. I download at 10 megaBYTES per second, internet works fine. Lol just has 800 ping randomly and my internet slows down sometimes when this happens. Close lol, everything perfect

HuntsAlone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

01-31-2013

Hey guys,

this isn't really Riot's fault. This is usually due to ISP's maintaining their service at this regular time. This is from what I've gathered about these particular occurrences (I used to have the same thing happen to me in every game with my old ISP and I had to do a lot of research to find out that this is what it was).

Please call your ISP's and ask them if they do maintenance during these times.

l33t

02-12-2013

no... it's not the isp. i have had this looked into. other people with different isps also experience this.

Trivle

02-12-2013

I cant tell if it is my new computer, Comcast, or Riot but I can't play this game at all now.