We need more maps!!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Namaeko

01-31-2013

We need more playable maps!!! It would make the game much much more interesting and more enjoyable.

LoudFootSteps

01-31-2013

That's what I think. I was doing the Riot survey and I said that League needs more maps. We have plenty of champions for now, and we do have a decent amount of skins, however there is only 3 maps in the game. Of course, it is possible that Riot only wants to focus on Summoner's Rift, but the first DOTA I have played was an SC2 custom game named Hero Attack and it had a good 12 maps...

Disarmer

01-31-2013

I introduced a buddy to League and he played for about a week, then quit. When I asked him why, he said "There's only 3 maps, it's boring".

+1 to more maps

Raening

01-31-2013

4 maps crystal scar, twisted treeline, summoners rift, proving grounds lol.

Trydan

01-31-2013

Not just more maps, but another type of objective. Maybe something like capture the flag where you have to go into the enemy base and grab an item then run it back, idk.

Sir Kingpin

01-31-2013

This isn't wow.

Boagster

01-31-2013

The issue with making new maps is that the game is balanced around Summoner's Rift. Take a look at the Twisted Treeline forum. There are constant complaints about how bruisers are so powerful. Before the update to it, it was a stream of complaints about characters with Flash-like abilities.

Riot is trying to keep League of Legends as one of the forerunners of eSports. Summoner's Rift is it for competitive LoL. If they were to add new maps, they would have to hold very tight to the general design of Summoner's Rift just to try to make it viable for that type of play. Otherwise, they would end up with just another underused playlist like Dominion or 3v3.

And, on the topic of the other maps: Could you really call any of them a success? Could you, in good faith, recommend that Riot make another map based on their track record so far?

ElHippie

01-31-2013

they need to make another map, i also did that survey and asked for another map, i like the twisted treelines update, but maybe a map with a more interesting minion path

FNC Darkness

01-31-2013

we defs need some new maps. i say make a map with a void type setting :P

tricksmarster

01-31-2013

XD