(Closed RP) Breath of Life - Chapter One: Broken World

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SUPERSEYMOUR

01-31-2013

Ganooj finally reached the outer gates of Demacia, fully aware of the destruction now. He drew his axe and slowly began making his way through, keeping an eye on the alleys and shadows. He grew a bit jumpy, and began to head for what he assumed was the center of town, his wits about him.

Boogeybeast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Frold took an interest in the surrounding area on his patrol, he leaned against the parapets and looked out at the city in scattered ruin and chaos. He drew his sight in closer and noticed that a few people were gathered at the gate, talking to the old man. Frold had forgotten his name as he had been dismissed as weak and frail. But still, some of these people looked like they'd put up a good fight. So he took a seat at one end of the parapet, almost directly above Caleb. He sat and played with his axe, listening to the conversation taking place below.

SmileyDemon

01-31-2013

Rook chased the pirate, losing him as he ducked into an alley. As Rook raced towards it Jurante had already surmounted the roof of the adjacent building; seemingly ending the chase, but machines do not tire nor give up. Knowing that it could not perform such a feat Rook encircled the building the building trying to find its quarry. The bronze metal that composed much of Rook's body reflected in the Demacian sun making it easy to spot from above.

TheShadowOfChaos

01-31-2013

Raven's Nest Headquarters - Outer Yard

Takeo stepped forward towards Celeb and took off his cloak. Then he bowed before speaking. "I am here for one goal only, to find my purpose in life, and should that mean helping your captain with his goal to achieve my own so be it. Now you may ask what a boy like me is doing here in a place like this. My master left me with one last order and that was to come here. However I chose to do so because I knew how bad this world had gotten and something tells me this endeavor is an attempt at resolving Valoran's problems. If so, I can be of much service."

Grand Viper

01-31-2013

Beads of sweat dribbled down Jurante's face. He laughed and wiped at his forehead, "Prolly shouldn't 'ave had that much t'drink fore running, eh?" The pirate looked down at Rook circling the building. He chuckled and looked over at Viola, "That's one part o' the battle done. He'll prolly run fer a few circles then chase after us once we start movin'."

The pirate looked at the little girl hoisted under his arm. He reached for his pouch and grabbed his flask. He unscrewed the top with only his thumb and index finger, took a swig from it and let out a breath of satisfaction. "Now that I'm refueled, let's say we get to th' safe house, eh?"

Jurante attempted to put the flask back, but instead it tumbled downwards towards Rook. "No! Me al-key-hol!"

Clicking his tongue a few times, he took out the letter and gave it to Viola. "Now listen here, lass. Listen very, very closely." He pointed in a direction, a few building over, a ladder on the side of the building could be seen. "Climb down thar, I'll keep him distracted so you'll be safe, ask fer directions to that address, and ask fer Reyain. You are with Jurante Caedo, alright? Tha's who y'know, me, Jurante. Trust me, I will meet you there in twenty minutes. Go go go!"

He set the girl on the ground and swan dived off the rooftop. During his descent, Jurante flipped himself upright onto a cloth overhanger which barely bore his weight. He sprungboard off of it and tumbled towards Rook before getting to his feet again. Between him and Rook, his flask of alcohol laid in the streets.

"Now boyo, I know what yer thinking, and yes, I am Jurante 'Quick Hands' Caedo, and no, y'don't have a chance. All I want, is me flask back, and we can walk away from this, alright?" Jurante cricked his fingers, staring at his opponent. "No one's done anythin' wrong, so there be no point in gettin' riled up."

muggtonp

01-31-2013

In the ruins of Demacia

Cruciatus wakes to another dreary morning. He sits up slowly with a soft grunt. Above him, sunlight filters through the cracks in the roof of the building he had spent the night in.

Rising to his feet, he takes in the scenery of the shattered building. Broken pillars and shattered pews lay skewed around the floor. This building must have been a church once, before it all happened.

Cruciatus closed his eyes, and began to remember...

A sudden crunch of glass broke him out of his trance. Snapping to alertness, he crept over to the window and peeked out. Across the street, a lone warrior is making his way across the streets. Something about the man's manner piques his interest.

As the man walks past, Cruciatus slips out from his hiding spot and follows him.

((I hope you don't mind me piggybacking off of you for a little bit.))

SmileyDemon

01-31-2013

No sooner had Rook regained sight of Jurante did a small metal container hit its head with a loud clunk. It bounced off Rook's expressionless metal face and hit the ground before him. The woman's undergarments still lay snagged at the crook of Rook's head as Jurante descended to meet the golem. As the pirate spoke Rook seemed to not register anything he said and instead only responded again monotonously "HALT."

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Viola simply stared blankly at Jurante as he spoke to her, his words not even seeming to register at all. Once he had swan dived off the roof, she simply stared blankly out in whatever direction she happened to be facing at the time. Once her brain started functioning again, the most recent events started to play themselves through her head.

... I was grabbed.... He jumped up a building... Gave me a note then....

Her thought process went to a sudden halt as she felt something cold and scaley on her shoulders. She looked to see shadowy claws lightly resting against them, and an all too familiar voice speaking one single word.

"B̶̛̝̫̦̙͔̻̬̩̗̤̲̉̆͋̾̔ͣ͌͋͗͛͂̾̈̈́ͭ͘͢͞o̶͐͋̄͌̆ͫ͆ͬ͊̏̿̇̓̋̈́ ̵͇̻̹̠̞̺̲͎̻̰̲̦̥͚͝͝o̴̴̪̞̲̤̒̓ͣ͒͆̔̿͊͑̂̿̒̋.̴̵ͪ̇̉ͩ͂ͨͧ̾̑́ ̯̦̠̼̩̰"

The little girl let out a blood curdling scream and stumbled and flailed to get away from the creature of her nightmares. In the process, however, she would quickly find the edge of the roof a lot closer than it should be and was now falling off the roof.

Grand Viper

01-31-2013

Jurante raised a hand at Rook and darted away, "In a bit, mate! Gotta catch someone!"

The pirate's eyes darted at his flask, then at the tipping figure of Viola. He let out a guttural sigh, and darted towards the building's wall. He jumped onto the side of the building, took several steps up the steep surface and caught the falling girl midair.

Unfortunately, this would throw him off balance and make him land on his back harshly, with the added weight off a ten year old on his chest. "Gwafah!"

He groaned and patted her, "Y'okay, lass? Y'better be or else this sod is...well, he'll prolly catch us now." Jurante reached to his pouch and started to rummage for some item that could possibly help him at the moment.

SmileyDemon

01-31-2013

No sooner had Viola landed upon Jurante did a net descend upon them. Rooks arm slot closed and whirred as he approached the two suspects. Rook began to speak mindlessly as if it was reading off a list of facts.

"Adolescent Thievery in Demacia is punishable by law. Local authorities will assess the situation and deem if caregiver is responsible for suspects well being."
Then Rook stopped before adding... "Running from local law enforcement is punishable by fine or prison time. Local authorities will assess the situation to determine just course of action."