(Closed RP) Breath of Life - Chapter One: Broken World

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luparis View Post
Alviss

The letter delivered to Alviss, the former Winter Claw turned sellsword barbarian read simply:

Alviss. you frozen fool, come to Demacia. I've recieved an interesting contract. Their was no deliverer, no magic, no anything to bring it. It simply fund its way onto my person one day, in the middle of patrolling my territory.

If you're not interested in ghostly messages then don't worry, Winter Claw, things have been quite different lately. Terror you'd never believe roam these lands, monsters as big as you, and what's best? A quest for an item said to put an end to all this madness, and lots of gold to be had.
Alviss burst out laughing. Nothing like the promise of adventure and a mountain of gold to make his day.

"BARKEEP!" The Barkkep ducked from the assumed flying tankard of mead. Alviss wasn't the quietest person when he was in his drink. "THE NEXT ROUND IS ON ME! HAHAHA!!" This however made the Barkeep smile...until the tankard came crashing down on the counter, shattering the tankard and cracking the counter.

"Please, sir...tell me you are finally leaving. My Inn won't last another day of you stay." The innkeeper asked, his eyes staring at the cracked counter and shattered mug.

"You limp wristed Demacian, I payed for it all, did I not? Stop crying and pass out the drinks. I leave tomorrow, but I'll be back to drink your inn dry again."

The innkeeper prayed to his gods that Alviss wouldn't return.

Alviss did leave in the morning, running North as fast as his legs would take him and singing many songs of drinking and fighting. To Alviss, there was nothing more worthy of song. On the second day, Alviss waved to Bradoc as he ran past the lad on his horse, which caused Bradoc to fall off (much to Alviss's amusement). Alviss arrived on the third day after receiving the letter from his old friend, carrying Bradoc over his shoulder.

Luparis

01-31-2013

Demacia

"What do you make of the Captain lately?" One of the Raven's sentrys asked, idly standing on the side of The Drink tavern. Their was a group of 5, four soldiers and the leader of the band, a rogue warrior named Dorus. A tall figure in all leather armor, short red hair, a goatee, and mixmatched green and blue eye.

The soldiers talked amongst themselves for a few minutes, "He's changed, that's for sure.

"Aye, the man is gone. Something happened upstairs that day he came back and all the lads were dead.

"Can ya blame him? Everyone blames the Captain. how could one man have killed 20? It's ridiculous!"

One of the men spat, rubbing his nose with the back of his hand before leaning against the tavern, drinking his ale. He stifled a laugh, and was clearly annoyed. "Doesn't matter if he killed em or not. The man left em to die, he didn't avenge nobody! A bloody coward we work for, I say."

Dorus pushed himself off the wall and backhanded the soldier who called Reyain a coward. As the man turned ready to swing back, Dorus was already swinging a second and third time before dripping the mans head, pulling it down and driving a knee into his nose. The soldier fell with a broken nose, disoriented and cursing when Dorus' knee fell over his throat, "You have no idea whaat kinda man the Captain is. He's fought and killed more men for his country than you've even met. Any one of you sorry pieces of dirt should be honored to serve, and if need be - die for. He gives everything of himself to restore Demacia."

The other soldiers made no move to break up the 'fight' and only nodded when Dorus spoke. All of them consenting with what he did, and agreeing with his words. It was finally after Dorus offered the beaten soldier a hand that he saw a massive man walking down the broken street, "Hey! Are you that Winter Claw? Reyain told us you were big!"

Youay

01-31-2013

Inner Demacia
Tao stroked his beard as he walked through the streets of Demacia and made his way over to the headquarters of the Raven's nest. The old man leaned on his staff and eyed the place and nodded as he made his way into the compound after he adjusted his pack. These young men and women all had something to prove to themselves and to those around them in these troubled time, he could see it in their eyes. He approached one of the guards and nodded at him

"I am looking for Reyain, can you please direct me to where I can find him?"

Shinozaki Ayumi

01-31-2013

Rosalinda became a mercenary, As of the other people that did too. So many days worth of searching and trying to find Laynora. She lived in a small household, an inn next to her home, and a store. Like a little town, almost. She became more and more of a ruthless, but quiet assassin. Her hood always covering her face, but ragged, from the many times she used it. Leather armor was her armor, brown, and almost black. She could not find anything of the champion she so dearly admired, which was Vayne, the Night Hunter. She did spend many sleepless nights searching in the woods for her sister. But only traces. Still, better then nothing.

But that was the past. Now, she did know of the Raven's Crest, and the Plague. She made her way to Demacia right away. Nothing packed. Absolutely nothing.

--

Rosalinda walked through the streets of Demacia as well. She looked around as she remembers memories of the area. Her light knapsack just bouncing every so often. The place has changed.. At least the last time she saw it. She made her way to the Raven's Nest headquarters. Looking at the area, she found it quickly. Guards there. It was a bit obvious for her. Approaching one of the guards, she said to one quietly,

"Is there someone named... Reyain, I believe? Could I possibly be shown to him?"

She said her words, as if trying to remember the mans name.

((Nevermind. Got it lol. EDIT: sorry. Forgot to. >.< ))

Luparis

01-31-2013

(( I said post links to characters >.> ))

TheShadowOfChaos

01-31-2013

Quote:
Takeo, I have left this message for you with my final orders, but first I have to say something. As your mentor, master...and friend, you must endure this journey of yours alone. You wished to find a purpose for yourself, so I am giving you the chance. Go to Demacia and then find the Red Sun Inn. Once you are there find a man named Bthen.

"My soul will be tainted, my mind will be tested, my body will be worn....but I will never be broken"

-Phantom
Demacia

"Wise ******* with your sayings. Now I feel all sentimental again...gonna miss you Phantom." Takeo stuffed the letter into his pocket and walked through the city streets. The boy had a cloak on to keep a low profile in these areas, and luckily enough, nobody tried to rob him just yet. Not because he was worried about himself but the robbers' wellbeing. Around his waist was a crimson, curved blade that was as menacing as its name. All of this and including his black attire made him seem more dangerous except for the fact that he was quite short being a kid and all. Besides the occasional merchant or so, It was not a good time for anyone from what he had seen so far. People were dying and conflicts were everywhere. Takeo shook his head in despair before coming across the Red Sun Inn that he entered immediately. There was one slight little...inconvenience, the Inn was also a bar. Everyone turned towards Takeo as he moves to the bartender who seemed like the closest employee of this place. "Do you know where I can find a man named Bthen? Phantom sent me..."

At first hearing this from a boy like this one was fairly amusing then when Phantom was mentioned he quickly spoke in a low, somber tone. "Come with me now." With that, he was already moving to the backdoor of the inn. Takeo followed along to see the bartender walking out while equipping a sword and a small paper. When the two were on the streets again, the large man spoke. "We are going to see a friend of mine. He is a good man from what I have seen so far and I trust him. His name is Reyain." They moved towards the Demacian Guild slowly. "Now about Phantom. That man is a mystery in a mystery. He is a true man with good morals, but there was always something dark around him. Anyways, he told me a few months ago that an apprentice of his would come to me and that when he does, I shall take him to Reyain. At first I did not understand why, but recently with the call for help from Reyain I can see why. A search for purpose right, well here is an impossible goal for ya. To fix this broken world...to think that Phantom would go through all the trouble just to set this up for you tells me that you aren't the average little kid are ya?"

"I am not weak if that is what you mean, but tell me why is it that you would go through the trouble even helping me." He was used to many things happening at once. Especially after being taught by Phantom. Things tended to always be chaotic around that man.

"I respect your master, that is why...and plus I own him a favor. He arrives now near the Guild. "Here we are. Time to finally get you a purpose, haha." Bthen handed the paper in his hand to a nearby guard who then proceeds to lead Takeo to Reyain. The boy followed warily with the guard before turning back to see Bthen leaving already. He was to do this alone as Phantom had said.

Luparis

01-31-2013

((your dealogue makes my head hurt shadow, ever tell you that?))

Raven's Nest Headquarters - Outer Yard

The outer yard of the Raven's Nest was hardly impressive. In fact, neither was the building. With most ofthe city in ruins from the Noxian war machine a year ago, the territory which the Raven's rebuilt was hardly prime. Especially since their bigger, stronger guilds out there.

When approaching, anyone would see that the base entrance was several walls from several building leaning on each other and leading underground. Of course, their were numerous gaurds standing station all throughout the territory. Many archers took point on the rooftops with old stone from buildings, or scraps of metal to serve as shields. And at the entrance, a Raven called Caleb.

Caleb, an elderly man with no hair, tall, thin in stature, and wore a long white robe. He wore those seeing lenses everyone used to fuss about as well. Though if truth be told, Caleb was more feared then most because he was formally a Summoner, and quite gifted in magic. This made him hated as well, of course.

Seeing Tao, and hearing his words, Caleb pushed up on his glasses with his forefinger before closing a tome he'd been reading. "Good afternoon, sir. I'm not sure you have the right place. I am Caleb Withers, advisor of Captain Reyain. How is it you have to know of him?" Then Rose and the young Takeo as well. "Ho ho, so many visitors today. The Captain will either be thoroughly pleased at the outcome, or curious as to how so many strangers arrived on his door step." He looked back at the entrance and shrugged. "Tunnel step. Guards!"

More archers then previously seen popped up from behind cover, aiming bows and crossbows at the group gathered. Caleb frowned at them, "Now, who are you all?"

RadiantCastiel

01-31-2013

Road to Demacia

Vanthar took the letter from the messenger, and the two began their trek towards Demacia. The letter was sealed with was with some crest that Vanthar didn't recognize.
Vanthar read the letter as they walked:
Greetings, Vanthar. You do not know who I am yet, but I have heard about you and your abilities. I am recruiting able personnel to help me with a task I have. Details will be given to you if you choose to seek me out at Demacia. You will be rewarded.

"I don't know what he's got planned, but whatever it is, it sure sounds more exciting than the village life." murmured Vanthar, as the two arrived at the gates of Demacia.

TheShadowOfChaos

01-31-2013

(( I can tell But in all seriousness, be a bit before I even post.))

Wizerdlol

01-31-2013

Raven's Nest Headquarters

Juliana lied on the bed, her eyes were closed and her body barely moved, the the soft breathes of her slumber could be faintly heard. In her dreams, visions of what happened earlier were flashing again and again, repeating itself. The strange creature's shadow, it's shockingly quick movement and the instant it attacked her...

The girl's eye lids slowly slid open, her face drained out of energy or emotion. Her eyes rolled around, taking in her environment. Faintly, she whispered...

Where...

((Lu, I hope you don't mind, but i'm making my connection to your character through one of Raven's Nest's "Member" finding her in the wilderness.))