I've tried it and it worked. 15 51.72%
I've tried it and it didn't work. 2 6.90%
I'm going to try it and see what happens 3 10.34%
I'm adc and would like to see someone try it. 0 0%
I'd like to see someone try it on my team. 4 13.79%
No thanks...lets just keep him as the jungler..>>; 5 17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Support Maokai, should it be a thing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PinkuRocket

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

I actually haven't seen this in ages, I'm wondering if anyone has given it a go in season 3 yet? I main support and kinda wanted to give something new a go (I'm sure to try this even if it's not the best idea, in a normal) for fun. I'd image you'd have a full build of like...shurelya's, rubysightstone, boots (mercs/mobility/ionian), Bulwark, Warmogs, and I guess a sunfire/frozenheart/etc...idk something like that?

Anyone tried support Mao yet(S3)?
Anyone thinking of doing it? xD

Feefeekiller

02-06-2013

Not in season 3 but that is a terrific idea! I think he'd be a strong S3 support, since poke comps seem to be very popular, so Mao can either poke with his saplings of joy or snare and give free damage with the help of his adc. I could see Ez and Draven being very strong with Maokai. You should also try Volibear support if you haven't already.

PinkuRocket

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

^Hehe, not sure about terrific lol XD just a random thought that came to mind. :B I think I'm going to try it out a couple time today or tomorrow and tell how it worked out. :0 Been playing a lot of Nami and Lulu; thought I'd go balls deep and try something silly; 70% support right now, I'm sure I'll make it not a total failure @_@

Ascenrial

02-06-2013

You don't max out his E first because you do not want to steal CS from the ADC, instead you focus on your Q early on and then your W. His E is really good for pushing the lane, and getting easy farm for your ADC, and he can stay in lane 1V2 while you let your ADC gank mid.

k518

02-06-2013

Support Mao is decent if his lane partner has lots of early game damage and you can get a kill lane going and feed your carry, that said hes just much better in the jungle so why even bother.

PsychoB0b

02-06-2013

Ive played support mao, and did pretty good. He's a bit mana hungry, but his cc and dmg is pretty good.

Mogs01gt

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascenrial View Post
You don't max out his E first because you do not want to steal CS from the ADC, instead you focus on your Q early on and then your W. His E is really good for pushing the lane, and getting easy farm for your ADC, and he can stay in lane 1V2 while you let your ADC gank mid.
That isnt accurate. If you aim your saplings correctly, you can deny farm.

X74X

02-06-2013

I love supporting as Maokai whenever it's an option.

He's plenty tanky enough for the job, no doubt, but the biggest problem you'll usually face is lack of mana to consistently use your E for purposes such as warding and harass. But once you get past the mana consumption problem, maybe by getting Banshee's early game, you're a terrifying monster of a support.

jare jare binks

02-06-2013

I am personally a huge fan of using the tree as support, he initiates well, gets free short range ward coverage, and has decent CC, the only issue is he lacks buffs of any sort for his ADC and you usually need good communication to make it work.