Rage in HoN forums because their 3.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hiroshi Watanabe

01-31-2013

Is really funny:

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/fo...ral-Discussion

some comments:

"I'm sure there have been many posts like this posted. But I just wanted to get my opinion out there. I don't like the new map at all, it feels exactly like I am playing DotA2 with HoN animations.. I really liked the old map it was clear greenish on the legion side and black/greyish on the hellbourne side. I don't know much about programming or graphics at all but it would be awesome if you somehow could CHOOSE which graphics u wanna play with - new or old.
I also think the towers are way too big and distracting somehow, and alot of the terrain is blended too well together so it's hard to spot details in forest (what trees to cut etc). I know it takes a while to get used to new things and that u shouldn't judge so soon but when the map has become just like another games' I just don't like it. HoN had their own thing but it's beginning to look more and more like DotA2 and LoL"

"HoN has failed to become the most popular MOBA because of a plethora of S2 mistakes in the last few years, mainly concerning the payment model. Had it been F2P from the beginning, optimally launching with bots or some other way for new players to learn the game, it would be popular as **** now."

"everything feels more "user friendly" and cartoony both of which are bad things"

"Don't you know by now that S2 way of thinking is quantity > quality..."

"Well, my first impression aren't quite good, as of other peoples, I found the new base model too much 'cartoony'; maybe I must get used to it.
But, I'll missed the old graphics ( as in, 3 years since my first match )."

LHkite

01-31-2013

What is HON? LOL

KitStylus

01-31-2013

HoN failed in character design, their all bland and generic, they don't even have their own name but the 3D design of the game is really cool.

TrippySkippy

01-31-2013

Wow man didn't your parents teach you not to laugh at the mentally deficient?

Duke Br0heimer

01-31-2013

Whether HoN players like it or not, their game is already out of the race.

What HoN tried to do, Dota 2 did better. Which isn't surprising, since all HoN ever was was a cheap Dota copy with nothing new or exciting added to it.

octavian1127

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Br0heimer View Post

What HoN tried to do, Dota 2 did better. Which isn't surprising, since all HoN ever was was a cheap Dota copy with nothing new or exciting added to it.
Dota 2 isn't a Dota copy?

Rakaydos

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by octavian1127 View Post
It's a HIGH QUALITY Dota copy. Much higher quality than HoN.

Gofure

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by octavian1127 View Post
What he means it HoN tried to sell itself as a new and improved version or Dota, but with Dota 2 being the same thing but done better, HoN lost it's niche. LoL is different enough from Dota it doesn't have to worry about competition too much right now.

Logios

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Br0heimer View Post

You kidding? I much prefer Dota2 and LoL to HoN but the emboldened statement shows you know jack about HoN.

Shinzoku

01-31-2013

They failed in character design and launching as P2P. There's no comeback from that.