About Thresh Lantern people

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cretinok

01-31-2013

If Thresh was the one to activate it he would instantly become the ultimate troll champ.

ADC wants to *****, fine, I'll just face check that bush that I know the enemy team is hiding in and pull the ADC into their death.

Or pull them away from a fleeing enemy to deny them of a sure kill.

Oh the possibilities....

But seriously, clicking the lantern can be problematic if there is a minion standing on top of it. It might be worth considering changing it so that ally clicks on Thresh himself, not the lantern.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitterman View Post
You wouldn't want thresh to be the one to activate it. It's so much better for the player to decide.

Think of any team game you've played, now imagine your teammate "repositioning" you, for you. You'd hate it.
Oh no, I didn't mean it like that, I'm fine with them being able to control it, I don't care either way, but I mean for the players out there who were asking why their Thresh didn't save them, it is up to YOU to click it, just wanted to get the word out is all.

RizzRack

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHue View Post
If thresh could move you, he could intentionally troll you by cancel recall, cancel channeling, bait you into enemies when you're low, etc... People just need to learn their allies abilities and use them properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretinok View Post
If Thresh was the one to activate it he would instantly become the ultimate troll champ.

ADC wants to *****, fine, I'll just face check that bush that I know the enemy team is hiding in and pull the ADC into their death.

Or pull them away from a fleeing enemy to deny them of a sure kill.

Oh the possibilities....

But seriously, clicking the lantern can be problematic if there is a minion standing on top of it. It might be worth considering changing it so that ally clicks on Thresh himself, not the lantern.

i dont understand whats wrong with this, is the league community that toxic, that you are always in fear that your team will troll you?

why is it when i play dota im not afraid of my pudge pulling me, or chen teleporting me somewhere, or wisp teleing me somewhere.

i cant believe riot is that afraid to implement allied movment/unit control. i thought thresh could move the lantern at his will but i guess thats not true, its a sad day when riot knows their players just troll.

AileTheAlien

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pillòw View Post
Unless it's under a minion. Then it doesnt work for anyone.
They really have to change this.
I can live with champions blocking it, since they're more special, and there's less of them, but there's friggin' minions everywhere man!

Cretinok

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ğavy Jones View Post
i dont understand whats wrong with this, is the league community that toxic, that you are always in fear that your team will troll you?

why is it when i play dota im not afraid of my pudge pulling me, or chen teleporting me somewhere, or wisp teleing me somewhere.

i cant believe riot is that afraid to implement allied movment/unit control. i thought thresh could move the lantern at his will but i guess thats not true, its a sad day when riot knows their players just troll.
Yes, the community is indeed that toxic.

CTElephant

01-31-2013

Minions follow a certain path, and thresh can throw his lantern in places minions won't be.... Unless you have a syndra who is a dick and lobs a siege creep on to thresh's lantern... Even then it is very situational.

Keitterman

01-31-2013

@Davey jones,
i think riot came up with one of the better solutions. Having thresh throw it out, and the players accepting it with a click is not only a great way to prevent griefing, but also makes for a very cool mechanic, as it lets them do more with the lantern that just pull.

Example, last night isaw thresh throw the lantern at an ally that was behind (darius), flash up to us, darius clicked the lantern, flashed again and pulled our jayce to him. Now, it went badly after that because the three of us engaged on darius and murdered him (cuz thresh does nothing) and we won the game anyway, but it is a well implemented mechanic.

JevelFaithful

01-31-2013

Quote:

I don't know about the community (tought we DO see teemos baiting an initiate to lead a teammate into a 1v2. A minority of course), but that's the answer riot gave us to not allow blitz to act like pudge. Or other forced ally mouvements/enemy buffs.

Btw another thing we don,t have : buffs to the enemy. I think dota or HoN has a frenzy buff. SOmethign like +25 attkspd 2x dmg taken.

footfoe

01-31-2013

In hon people would play pebbles just to chuck you into the enemy team and kill you. Half the games i played would result in it boiling down to us just trying to sabatoge eachother.

GlyphTsen

01-31-2013

Quote:
No, but if I have the choice of controlling my own movements or having my allies make that choice for me I'd rather have the choice myself. I'm less worried about people pulling me to troll me, and more worried about people making bad decisions for me by mistake.

Fact is, if people trolling others with abilities were such an issue, Jarvan, Anivia, and Trundle would be a lot more hated, and probably see lots more play. As it is, there are still plenty of times when I'll have wished that Anivia or Trundle hadn't put up their wall, or that Jarvan released his cataclysm earlier, etc; not because I think they are trying to screw me, but because they aren't paying attention, or have worse judgement of my character's situation than I do.

Side note: From my experience, the LoL and DotA communities are about as "toxic" as each other. Generally, while certainly present, the amount of really negative people is generally a lot lower than the forums make it out to be (there's reasons for that I'm not going into right now), most people keep to themselves, or they're down-right friendly... But that's just my own experiences.