Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thresh top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faran Herras

01-31-2013

I have played him a couple of times top now. Won 4 times and kinda drawed the fifth against yorick. Anyone think he would be decent to keep playing top. I'm not sure about his prowess as a top champ. Him getting farmed gives you pretty much a super super in teamfights.

My build for him was:
Ionian Boots
Warmogs
Liandry's Torment
Sunfire cape
Abyss Scepter
the frozen gauntlet thingy or Frozen heart
(at start I rushed a Philo stone for assist in gold income)

Masteries:9/21/0(for magic pen and general tankiness)

Anyone tips for improving him being useful or anything else?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aqualisk

02-01-2013

Thresh is better AD in top lane in my opinion. His auto attack harass is really powerful vs. most AD bruisers. Attack damage makes his passive Q hit like a truck. It's so powerful in fact that once you have a bloodthirster most people will back off immediately after the first hit. It's that good! He should be built tanky though. A glass cannon Thresh will always fail regardless of what role he's playing.

In fact there's a great guide here http://www.lolking.net/guides/71183 for AD Thresh or if you want to try him AP top you can have a go at this one here http://www.lolking.net/guides/79791

I personally think his cooldowns are too long and his magical damage(Minus his ultimate) to be too low to warrant going full AP though. You can't depend on Thresh being a consistent source of magic damage like you could Elise or Swain in top lane.