Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Burst assassin build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phantom858

01-31-2013

So suppose I wanted to play Evelynn, or a similar champion, as a pure burst assassin. Focused almost entirely on dropping someone from full health to no health.
what would you go about building on such a play style.
I am looking for pure offence and speed build. something efficient and streamlined.
I have been dabbling with thoughts of sword of the divine, death fire grasp, spellsword procs, and other such "bursty items" (not to say they are all in the same build).
I know that there is probably better champions to use for what I am trying to do, but I want to see if I can find a way to pull it off with eve.
Whether it is ap or ad is not relevant, all I care about is pulling a veigar style burst combo with eve, then escaping to the shadows.
Any ideas?
TL;DR: how do I wombo combo someone as eve.
Side note, I do not play ranked out of choice, I am not a pro, I in no way consider my self a pro. my match history is often times riddled with losses, and I have no objection in breaking the meta or pissing people off just cause I want to try something they have not seen before.

War Raiza

01-31-2013

Well I don't know if this offers any use but as Nocturne I've gone Berserker's Greaves, Wriggles, Ravenous Hydra, Bloodthirster, Infinity Edge, and the last item is whatever I see fit (usually an offensive item though like Black Cleaver or Last Whisper) and my ganks usually take out the enemy in 1-5 seconds. Especially with my ult then W-E-Q.

UgIierBetty

01-31-2013

On Eve (before she got the nerf a few weeks ago: haven't played her since she was free because I don't own her) I would build:

-Haunting Guise
-Sorcs Shoes
-Hextec Gunblade
-Liandry's Torment
-Rabadon's
-Zhonya's
-Void Staff or DFG depending on whether they're building MR.

Kahleesie

01-31-2013

Honestly with Eve you should be able to burst someone down in 3 seconds (provided they are squishy w/ no MR... say the adc or APC) with just a DFG and Sorcs shoes.

If your enemy allows you to get father in your build than that (normally they surrender; and if they don't then they start staying together), than the addition of Rabadon's, Rylai's, and Haunting Guise should let you melt even the tanks within a couple seconds. (In a perfect world where no one builds MR, lol)

5ghz2500k

02-01-2013

Well with the way alot of teams are going full ad i often find myself as the only ap champ on my team. And its great no one gets MR besides maybe a guardians angel and that isnt even that much MR.