this meta is horrible

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OprahGG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

the health stacking has pushed me to the point of almost wanting to quit for a few weeks/months. 2-3+ warmogs per team makes team fighting just zerg fests and not interesting at all. before this season if amumu landed an ult on 4 people it was a big deal because it did more than ~5-10% of every1s health and snared them. with warmog and health stacking it is negligible and amumu gets turned on and blown up. he is separated from his team and out of position by doing the thing that amumu is intended to do.. initiate.

that is just one example.

i personally enjoy assassin type champions, where targetting, timing, and positioning are very important. with warmog stacking, it is much less effective building champions like irelia, shaco, nidalee (ad) and katarina anything other than tanky. warmogs is simply too cheap and the best defensive item in the game by far. it should be obvious to riot if ad carries are getting it that it is too strong.

i really like a lot of new features of season 3, like homeguard boots, new masteries are okay, and some new items are okay, but nothing outweighs the season 2 meta and feeling of the game. builds had more diversity before season 3, and their goal was to diversify builds and make your decisions more important or fit your playstyle or team composition and i strongly feel it has failed to do that, and in fact done the opposite.

I also really am not a fan of the flask + pots, ward + 9 pots, elixir + 6 pots, rejuv beads + 6 pot builds. I think that every1 starting boots actually made laning much more interesting because harassment meant more. i like the idea of harder lanes being able to take another route to manage that difficult lane matchup, but I can't think of any other fix than reverting the base movement speed changes. from my experience these changes have made laning much less enjoyable and favor manaless champions way too much.

season 3 has gone from stacking cleavers to stacking giants belts/warmogs. old trinity force, guardian angel burst type builds rarely exist at this point and get outshined by tankier options in almost every circumstance.

this is not a cry for your approval or a bash to riot, that's just my opinion on the changes from a 1850 elo player.

also want to just talk about irelia real fast.. been playing her a bit lately with little success and consider myself pretty above average at her. the reason? trinity 4.2k gold, warmog 2800. 75 true damage is nothing vs 2-4k hit points. attack speed also got hit hard. just wanted to give her a shout out because from what I have seen she has been affected the most by the item changes. and i also looked up wickd and he is like 31-30 (~50%) with irelia and he is arguably 1 of the best if not the most notorious irelia player, while he has really high win %s on other cheesier champions. in season 1 and 2 he had around 65+% win rates with irelia.

Kulalice

01-31-2013

Yes meta is terrible but basically sink or swim now. Pick up warmog or die. Most
champions rely ad like Miss Fortune useless hit late game. As Eve I run straight into
her Bullet Time take minimum damage. Lose 5-10% my health while I knock 40-45%
her hp down with E. I feel bad about fights but I want win just like everybody else.

AlejandroSk

Recruiter

01-31-2013

i have the feeling that you are an amumu who said : "guys its alright i will ult and gg" but when you did, you got raped by everyone and came to the forum to post this

OprahGG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlejandroSk View Post
i have the feeling that you are an amumu who said : "guys its alright i will ult and gg" but when you did, you got raped by everyone and came to the forum to post this
nah, it was just an example, ive seen it because thats what happens this season

Lycian7014

01-31-2013

the main reason stacking warmogs is a thing is because of the penetration that's going around, and health is the alledged counter to it. People don't see armor or mr being viable anymore (again, due to pen) so the only way to increase surviability is lifesteal/spell vamp and hp.

Rawrful

01-31-2013

I'm always amazed when people claim that the Warmogs stacking works into late game. I love playing phys carry in the new meta, as it feels like you are actually playing a phys carry. You do passably early game, then get shat all over mid game as you are useless, and once you have your three or four killy items, you murder the health stackers.

Think of it like this,1000 HP to a late game phys carry is generally between one and two auto attacks, depending on your crit, abilities, and their armor. With good peelers and a Guardian or other survivability item, and assuming you know how to kite reasonbly well, the tanky bruisers all die.

Mastadon

01-31-2013

I totally agree with you. I have also noticed this. I have seen more and more champions stack warmogs than ever before. I played a game yesterday and a vlad was unstoppable because he stacked 3 warmogs. And also I've seen shaco using Warmogs making him also hard to kill. This is just ridiculous.

Tropots82

01-31-2013

olaf+5 warmogs i laugh when i have more ad then your adc and more health and cause of lifesteal and truedamage no problem at all killing you. Oh and ulti bye, bye kiting. oh and more attack speed when im below 50% health which is at around 3000k.

Badruk

01-31-2013

Apparently this patch Warmogs is getting more expensive (and since you mentioned trinity, the combine cost is getting reduced to 3 gold )

JustMyBassCannon

01-31-2013

inb4 I haven't touched Warmog's and still do well because I believe in the "don't get shot in the first place" playstyle.