So Voidlings can proc Black Cleaver now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spexray

01-30-2013

I just played a match as AD Malzahar, and built a Black Cleaver without really thinking about it, but then after the match I wondered if it was working. Loaded up a custom game against an Ashe Bot and ran some tests, and found out that Voidlings DO in fact now apply stacks of the Black Cleaver debuff. AD Malzahar is still unviable but a little bit less so now!

For a build, try Ionian Boots, Manamune, Black Cleaver, (brutalizer before upgrading tear), either Bloodthirster or Last Whisper, Iceborn Gauntlet and Banshee's Veil. But disregard this part, because I discovered something cool.

For those of you that are not familiar with AD Malzahar, the point of it is that his Voidlings scale directly (1.0) with his AD, and any armor penetration he has, and if you read what happens when they enlarge and enrage, that's pretty intimidating, especially if you have like 2 or 3 active at once. Youtube it, it's not viable and its tough to control the voidlings but it's fun and usable in normals.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-30-2013

What are you supposed to do with AD malz?

RockJockey

01-30-2013

AA obviously Cereal.

Spexray

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
What are you supposed to do with AD malz?
The Voidlings scale with his AD 1.0 and they also scale with any arpen he has. I'll edit original post.

Irish Red Cap

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexray View Post
The Voidlings scale with his AD 1.0 and they also scale with any arpen he has. I'll edit original post.
^ Voidlings do all damage Malz does so AD/jungle malz can actually work very well. However, I did not know that they proc BC stacks that's news to me. I know they did physical damage but I thought it was considered like a "pet" not physical damage dealt directly or indirectly by malz.

Malzyhurr

01-30-2013

AD Malzahar is incredibly fun to play. People seriously underestimate Malzahars abilities. AP Malzahar is far superior when it comes to mainstream play but If you have an experienced AD Malzahar... My money is on the AD. The range at which the voidling can travel is what truly makes it work. Two voidlings during frenze will tear other champions apart. That's the problem though. You have only a few seconds to make your move and you are almost completely vulnerable w/o voidlings.

Do not attempt this build in normals w/o the proper preparation. If you do then you are a troll. If you can't crush bots going 20/0 then just don't even try normal.

RadiantPyrophore

01-30-2013

It would not block so many individuals from trying if only alt click could control voidlings in similar fashion to our small pyro pal's grand mammalian summon.

Spexray

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
It would not block so many individuals from trying if only alt click could control voidlings in similar fashion to our small pyro pal's grand mammalian summon.
I kinda like the fact that they're hard to control. Makes it so you have to get in either E or AA range, and it kinda fits better lorewise for them to be uncontrollable.

jmlinden7

01-30-2013

It works on Yorick ghouls too, but surprisingly not on Elise Spiderlings.

deadlychuck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexray View Post
I kinda like the fact that they're hard to control. Makes it so you have to get in either E or AA range, and it kinda fits better lorewise for them to be uncontrollable.
But they aren't hard to control, they use a simplistic priory system

autoattack target > malefic visions > nether grasp

also the reason his voidlings proc BC is because all abilities which do physical damage proc it now, even though it's a passive and pets, the voidlings are still an ability.

I also love how voidlings benefit from both captains teir 3 boots 20% move speed, as well as banner of command's 15% damage buff, if you can get someone on your team to build it