Why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OldyGoldy

01-30-2013

Hi everyone!
Why is it some games I play extremely well and others I just can get anything done right?
I was wondering if it's my team but that's not it at all or most of the time. If anyone can give some advice or tips.
I try to poke and zone when i can, other than that i just try to last hit.
I'm lvl. 11 and I like to play Ashe and most of the time I do every well and even been able to solo a lane, bot or top, more than once. So i'm wondering why i play some games well and others not? If anyone can give me some good feedback, that would be great.

Thanks,
Goldy

oogabuga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

It sounds like you are doing it right. It probably has to do with an early lead or if the enemy is just allowing themselves to be zoned or really doing something about it. It is hard to comment on this without seeing the issue.

Fs Son0fSilas

01-30-2013

^ "the enemy is just allowing themselves to be zoned or really doing something about it"

This, OP. The skill level of your opponent changes every game, as does the champion you may be facing. Sometimes you'll have someone that plays SUPER passive, so you can't harass as much without exposing yourself. Or someone plays overly aggressive, so you use Ashe's ability to kite. Each game is different.

Last hitting is the most important thing to remember. If you don't have gold from minions, you won't be good for anything late game.

As Ashe, watch that you aren't Volleying minion waves. One, it will be easy for the enemy to duck behind a minion and you'll miss. Two, you are pushing the lane by dealing large amounts of damage to the minions, and this willl leave you overextending on a champion without escapes.

Your goal should be to focus on last-hitting, while watching the enemy. Move after every auto attack. So, left-click, right-click, etc. If you stay stationary it presents an easier target. Save your Volley for when you are sure it will hit. Wait for them to pop out from behind the minion wave to harass you. Volley has decent range, so you should be able to poke effectively.

Between levell 4-5 try to get slighly more aggressive, because you want to be sure the enemy is near 50% hp when your ult comes up. If you have successfully zoned them out, you should hit 6 a little bit before the enemy.

To learn more about Zoning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxGQ3gWdrM
The video is a little dated, but the mechanics of zoning hasn't changed

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

most likely your are running into smurfs when it seem you cant do anything right. since they have more experience then you the will more then likely walk all over you and make you feel you did something wrong.

OldyGoldy

01-31-2013

Thanks everyone.
@oogabuga - That hit me too. Hard for people to tell me what I'm doing right/wrong unless they've seen it.
@Fs SonOfSilas - Nice tips, thanks.
@TureSkillz - Yeah I thought something like that. I was looking for a second opinion and some tips on how to play better.

It's nice to have gotten answers I was looking for. Thanks once again for your replies and tips, great job.

Delete Teemo

01-31-2013

LoL is a game of variables. Its impossible to do well every game, so dont worry if youre not carrying every time. Every game is different, and will have different outcmes