Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Problem with division promotion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PixelMurderer

01-30-2013

So I was up for promotion from Silver 3 to Silver 2, I won my first game, lost my second, and on my third game, I won. After I won the third game, i was expecting some kind of notification that I had been promoted to Silver 2, but I didn't. I looked at the ladders, and I was rank 3, with one win, one loss, and one still blank although I just won the game. I was a bit worried at first, but then thought it would just take a while to update. I played another ranked game afterwards but had to leave because of some family problem. I just logged on today and it says that I failed to do the promotion thing. I'm just wondering what the hell happened, and i feel cheated out of a promotion.

My PBE IGN is Monochromatic, the first ranked game that I played when up for promotion is the Nidalee Victory, if you look at my match history. From then on were my promotion games. Can somebody tell me what happened?

Google

01-30-2013

That is just a visual bug nothing really happened to you so you don't need to worry about a thing.

-Cheers, Google

ArmySquirrel

01-30-2013

Was there any sort of maintenance during the original third game?

Im Contributing

01-30-2013

If the game dropped via maintenance (or a few minutes before) it is possible it will not show on your record due to being too close to the intended date.

This could also be a bug for the promotional series and it could have thought you were doing your league promotional series (silver to gold). That would make sense of it saying it was canceled because you left. However I don't see any other reason for that happening.

EDIT: also reading a previous thread, the leagues were wiped a week to a few days ago. That could be a possibility as well.