Kha and his spikes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Afirias

01-31-2013

He is an assassin which yes means he is squishier than most champs but in comparison to AP casters in mid he still has more hp. Can go the typical AD build if needed and still have defensives pretty high (40-50 MR lvl 1. So he can easily trade with casters. I personally have not had an issue with him that much but I also have not seen him entirely too much.

footfoe

01-31-2013

khazix is over powered. He noms everyone then jumps away. You can't beat him.

steviecarter

01-31-2013

He's a assassin with poke, a engage, a disengage, and a passive that makes him hit harder. He's extremely broken as a champion entirely regarding his kit, the little nerfs they barely did to his ratio's just gave you an extra 0.1 seconds of staying alive. Anyone who is semi-decent at this game and puts in a few games on him will be able to do work, if you're looking to climb elo easily, pick him mid if he isn't banned. He can beat anything.

Irish Red Cap

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeiYouSiLa View Post
LOL so you let Kha'Zix get all those items while you have no items at all? You sound like picking Kha'Zix is a guarantee win, every single champion has a counter pick and kha'zix IS so dam squishy just like every other assassin

and if being picked and banned permantly in EVERY ranked game then would Ezreal be OP? would Olaf be OP? Would Shen be OP? Would Blitzcrank be OP? Blitzcrank is mostly banned due to the fact that people don't wanna get grabbed so is this OP? Would Taric be OP for being a common support?

champions are PICKED because people want to play them or maybe because it suits their play style pretty well
champions are BANNED because people DON'T want to play AGAINST them

Your concept - pick/banned = OP needs to be reconsidered
Recent nerfs, BC passive nerfed. Olaf is being nerfed in PBE. Ez got nerfed and it still played a lot. Shen got nerfed a while back people just ban him because he makes every fight 4v5 by late game.

It's not about Kha'zix having items and you not, Warmogs pretty much shuts mages down with how it is set up right now that is why it is nerfed in PBE as well. Most assassins need pure damage to throw out their burst or they just become slow poking annoyances. Kha'zix need 1 item to do damage (brutalizer) and after that he can build tanky to survive with both his leap and ult (40% move speed + invis) or he can go full glass cannon and rush nothing but damage.

I've seen some glass cannon kha'zix build tear, brutalizer, and BT and 3 hit their lane opponent. The reason it's unfair is mages who use their spells to farm and nothing but farm will run out of mana and have nothing to do damage with. Kha'zix evolved W will wipe minion waves and hit champions in a single ability letting him easily outfarm other champions especially mages or bruisers who try to do nothing but AA last hit.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

QQ

His W is already way too expensive.

PerfidiousAlbion

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Logos View Post
I already provided numbers on his damage and his heal, without even taking his AD ratio into account it already hits for roughly the same amount or more as squishy AP casters skills, except his spikes have long range, huge aoe, AND the potential to heal him for 10% of his HP per use. Saying that it has mediocre damage and a minor heal is simply false information.
It's level one damage is about on par but it drops off with each level. 235 is low. It has .9xbonus AD, which is poor scaling. It's blocked by minions, so much of it can be mitigated by proper positioning. 40-160 healing is low, and it requires you to be in melee range, which often prevents it from simultaneously being used offensively. The only things it has that are above average are it's range and the AoE it covers when upgraded. It's a very average ability.

Quote:
Also Whitehatcracker I agree that his W forces him to buy tear, however the problem is that once he buys it he is free to spam the skill. The mana cost of his W I believe is adjusted to the base skill, not the evolved version. Again the non-evolved variant is not on trial here. A hard to land poke that heals is fine, but when evolved it not only becomes super easy to land AND aoe, but it also applies his passive, which by the time he is level 9 (the right level for his W to be maxed) he is dealing significantly more damage than the skill would have you believe.

I really want someone to explain to me what his weakness is in mid lane. He has sustain, poke, amazing dueling potential, and 2 escape skills. The only champions I can picture actually beating him in lane would be either early game powerhouses like LB, or push heavy champs like Mord (but even then I think the lane would simply stalemate due to Kha's sustain).

Also to those who just say "lololol build armor", brutalizer says hello.
You realize that he's building brutalizer without regard for if you're buying armor, right? And that brutalizer, by virtue of being flat penetration, is stronger against you when you have lower armor values, right? Buying a chain vest is the appropriate response, even if he builds brut.

cavecricket48

01-31-2013

Quote:
Kha is NOT squishy, and even if he was, he has 2 escape abilities, one of which refreshes on kills/assists. Blitzcrank, Olaf, and Ez ARE OP. They are too good at what they do compared to other champions in their class. This combined with their safety (Ez), or broken mechanics (olaf's ult, blitz's entire kit) cause them to enter the pool of highly banned champions.

I do like how I provide numbers showing how his W does far too much for its mana cost, yet people still simply say things like "oh you have never played him" or "he's super squishy so its ok".
The numbers you provided do not impress. They scale with AD; oh look, mages scale with AP. Errrrrr.

Spikes are Kha's only way of harassing; if he wants to go all in, he better commit, and until he hits 6 it's do or die. Two escapes? I guess 1 second of stealth and a mediocre movespeed increase is an escape, yeah.

You have a very large definition of broken. I play around Blitzcrank and Olaf all day.

SeiYouSiLa

01-31-2013

Quote:
Kha is NOT squishy, and even if he was, he has 2 escape abilities, one of which refreshes on kills/assists. Blitzcrank, Olaf, and Ez ARE OP. They are too good at what they do compared to other champions in their class. This combined with their safety (Ez), or broken mechanics (olaf's ult, blitz's entire kit) cause them to enter the pool of highly banned champions.

I do like how I provide numbers showing how his W does far too much for its mana cost, yet people still simply say things like "oh you have never played him" or "he's super squishy so its ok".
Kha IS squishy, it's not even that I'm saying you've never played him, you CLEARLY NEVER even spent the time to learn a bit about this champion.

What do you think a ONE second stealth will do for you if you're caught in the middle of the team, and WHAT IF you don't get a kill so your leap doesn't refresh

And I don't see why you take pick/ban rate as a mean for a champion being OP, How about looking at the win rates, Kha'Zix has less than 50% win rate while Elise, Twitch and Singed ( 3 out of the many champions you've played in ranked) have more than 50%

What that means is that playing the champion won't even win you half the game, you can put in all your efforts and will still have less than 50% chance of winning the game with Kha'Zix.

The number you provided are just numbers on paper, numbers that assume the enemy bought no armor or hp items, the cost of his W is high and for that he deserves the high damage. Kha'Zix is a mana hungry assassin unlike akali and katarina, and therefore it's a give and take that he gets high damage output

SeiYouSiLa

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougietronic View Post
He's a assassin with poke, a engage, a disengage, and a passive that makes him hit harder. He's extremely broken as a champion entirely regarding his kit, the little nerfs they barely did to his ratio's just gave you an extra 0.1 seconds of staying alive. Anyone who is semi-decent at this game and puts in a few games on him will be able to do work, if you're looking to climb elo easily, pick him mid if he isn't banned. He can beat anything.
if Kha'Zix can just go in a game and win, how come he's only got a 48% win rate?

SeiYouSiLa

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHatCracker View Post

I've seen some glass cannon kha'zix build tear, brutalizer, and BT and 3 hit their lane opponent. The reason it's unfair is mages who use their spells to farm and nothing but farm will run out of mana and have nothing to do damage with. Kha'zix evolved W will wipe minion waves and hit champions in a single ability letting him easily outfarm other champions especially mages or bruisers who try to do nothing but AA last hit.
"glass cannon" there's a reason why people make up this name "glass cannon" which means it can deal a lot of damage but dies himself, this is why teams are made up of tanks, bruisers, ap carry, support and ad carry (typical team). If kha'zix is a high priority target, get your tanks and bruisers on him, it's that simple

and "fair"? When is a MOBA game ever fair? the other team has better players, is that fair? Your opponent knows how to deal with your champion while you don't know how to deal with them, is that fair? people wants to try out new meta (e.g. alistar + blitz bot) and your bot lane gets destroyed, is that fair?

ANY AD champ who goes mid will destroy AP mages, which means your got COUNTERED. This has nothing to do with champions being OP, it's just a bit of innovation