Common Champion Bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dehunter456

01-30-2013

I started playing ranked and I do see lots of people banning certain champs I'm not sure should be banned.

For Example:

Kha'Zix: I'm not sure why he's banned. He turns invisible for a few seconds, has a jump, and can deal some damage, but that's normal. Right?

Evelynn: I'm pretty sure people don't ban Evelynn.

Darius: Yes his ult can deal a lot of damage, but I always seem to find Cho'Gath or Jayce a good counter to him.

So can some one give me some commonly banned champions. (I know Kass is banned since he snowballs hard, Alistar and Amumu are banned with they're ability to disrupt the team with their CC, Shen is banned with his high map prescense, and Blitzcrank is banned just cause he's blitz).

Other than that, I'm fairly clueless. I would like to be more knowledgeable as I play more ranked.

Jarzelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Kha'Zix: Banned because if he gets snowballing, he can destroy teams with massive AoE damage. In addition, he's put mid and often easily beats most mages.

Eve: I'm guessing because it's a residual from back when she was still really powerful (I still didn't find her ban worthy).

Darius: He jumps on mistakes really easily and not everyone knows how to play against him. If you don't play top, people ban him because they don't want to deal with the fact that his teammates can't play against him.

Some other common bans are: Malphite, Morgana,Katarina, and Cho.

Kass doesn't see many bans as he's easily countered and Ali isn't really banned any ore as his jungle presence has been drastically reduced. In my opinion, Blitz, Mumu, and Kat all have the Darius effect.

RYP Jericho

01-30-2013

The other thing about Kha'Zix is he can kill squishies with impunity if he evolves wings, since the cooldown is refreshed instantly if he's in on a kill.

GoombaStompin

Recruiter

01-30-2013

Consider that players will often ban champs they personally feel are the most irritating to deal with.

For example, I will almost always ban Shaco and Twisted Fate. Even if I am confident in my ability to deal with these champs, I have no way of knowing if my team mates might get picked off over and over to a smart TF or Shaco who knows how to prey apon the weak.

You can expect the most common bans to be something along the lines of Khazics, Shen, Amumu, Blitz, and Malphite. <- notice the trend being Khazics and tanky champs with terrifying aoe CC.
Have you heard about a champion snowballing? Well Khazics has enough mobility, raw power, and aoe damage to snowball a entire game.

Fs Son0fSilas

01-30-2013

My 6 bans of choice?

Shen, Shaco, Blitz, Panth, Elise, Olaf