Tips on AD Heavy Runepage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwningpower

01-30-2013

I'm working on my AD runepage and lost the guide I was going off of.
I know I could do flat AD and ArmPen but I'm not exactly sure.
Quint-Flat AD
Mark-ArmPen
I need help deciding what seals and glyphs to get.

SeCKS Egai

01-30-2013

Yellows are almost always flat armor - they're the most efficient use of the slots and are useful on any champ.

Blues are usually a matter of preference - typically flat magic res or magic res per level (or a combination of the two)

As for a Heavy AD page - I'd go both marks and quints flat ad - I myself run flat AD marks and AS quints out of preference for my adc.

Since the changes to armor pen, I don't bother with it unless I use both quints and marks for apen. Before the changes, that was 25 Armor Pen from marks/quints - now its down to 19.

To give you an idea why -

Let's say someone has 25 armor in the beginning. 100/125 = 80% damage taken or 20% reduced damage.

If you hit for say 60 - you end up dealing 48.

Adding the 8% mastery - 25*.92 =23
100/123 = 19% reduced damage (81% taken).

Using 60 damage again - this time you deal 48.6 (basically 47 for 1 pt increase)

Now look at the difference when we add the flat armor pen.

8% mastery, 5 APen from mastery, 8 from runes against 25 armor

25*.92 = 23 23 - 13 = 10 100/110 = 91% damage taken (9% damage reduction)

Same as above, but now 19 Apen from runes

25*.92 = 23 23-24 = 4 100/104 =100% damage taken (0% reduction - Flat apen can't "reduce" armor below 0, only reduction can).

Let's say for for the ad/apen page we get 7 more damage (3 quints) and our base damage is 50.

57*.91 = 52

You net 2 more damage. However, everyone (except thresh now) gets armor per level. It's not long at all before that AD falls behind the Apen.

However - one should always keep in mind scaling and abilities. Talon is all physical damage - the ad ratio to his rake is less than 100% and I believe since they pass through twice, the damage is mitigated twice. Making each hit penetrate more will go farther.

Now on my adc - AD goes farther since the majority of that laning phase is farming minions and higher base ad = easier last hitting.

Pwningpower

01-30-2013

That is very helpful! thanks, Ill check this out and build up IP.

TheOneMillion

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSeCKSx View Post
Yellows are almost always flat armor - they're the most efficient use of the slots and are useful on any champ.

Blues are usually a matter of preference - typically flat magic res or magic res per level (or a combination of the two)

As for a Heavy AD page - I'd go both marks and quints flat ad - I myself run flat AD marks and AS quints out of preference for my adc.

Since the changes to armor pen, I don't bother with it unless I use both quints and marks for apen. Before the changes, that was 25 Armor Pen from marks/quints - now its down to 19.

To give you an idea why -

Let's say someone has 25 armor in the beginning. 100/125 = 80% damage taken or 20% reduced damage.

If you hit for say 60 - you end up dealing 48.

Adding the 8% mastery - 25*.92 =23
100/123 = 19% reduced damage (81% taken).

Using 60 damage again - this time you deal 48.6 (basically 47 for 1 pt increase)

Now look at the difference when we add the flat armor pen.

8% mastery, 5 APen from mastery, 8 from runes against 25 armor

25*.92 = 23 23 - 13 = 10 100/110 = 91% damage taken (9% damage reduction)

Same as above, but now 19 Apen from runes

25*.92 = 23 23-24 = 4 100/104 =100% damage taken (0% reduction - Flat apen can't "reduce" armor below 0, only reduction can).

Let's say for for the ad/apen page we get 7 more damage (3 quints) and our base damage is 50.

57*.91 = 52

You net 2 more damage. However, everyone (except thresh now) gets armor per level. It's not long at all before that AD falls behind the Apen.

However - one should always keep in mind scaling and abilities. Talon is all physical damage - the ad ratio to his rake is less than 100% and I believe since they pass through twice, the damage is mitigated twice. Making each hit penetrate more will go farther.

Now on my adc - AD goes farther since the majority of that laning phase is farming minions and higher base ad = easier last hitting.

You said you use 3 AS quints and AD marks. By switching the Quints to AD and 6 marks to AS, you gain a FREE 1.05 AD.

Quints are usually valued at 2x the value of offensive marks, however the AD quints are valued at 2.36x.

SeCKS Egai

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneMillion View Post
You said you use 3 AS quints and AD marks. By switching the Quints to AD and 6 marks to AS, you gain a FREE 1.05 AD.

Quints are usually valued at 2x the value of offensive marks, however the AD quints are valued at 2.36x.
I actually didn't want to buy AD quints for a long while, and was running 32 IAS for a time, hence why I had the 3AS quints.

I'll take a look at tweaking the page since I did end up purchasing AD quints not too long ago - but I do like the uniformity. But hey, better numbers are better numbers right =)

Aqualisk

02-01-2013

Generally armor yellows and Mr/level blues like the above have said. However! I will say that when it comes to AD vs. ArPen it depends on who your ADC is. Some ADC's have a strong laning phase through the use of non-auto attack steroids. These abilities like Graves' Buckshot do not have a 1 to 1 ratio on AD and benefit more from armor pen. If you plan to play somebody with a strong ability harass I think grabbing armor pen marks is a good idea to maximize your in lane damage.

Champions that like early armor pen include Graves, Draven, Urgot, Caitlyn, and sometimes Twitch.