Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is all hope lost???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zWilky

01-30-2013

hey guys, im having a mini freakout right now, and i need some reassurance that I didn't mess up big.

So i started playing ranked, and I was 2-2 going into tonight, and unfortunately i ended the night with a final record of 2-4.

I still havent finished my first 10 matches.

Will i be placed into elo hell, or do i still have a chance to pull my record up in the next 6 games and be placed somewhere good? preferably above 1300/1400 ELo

workthecorners

01-30-2013

even if u get down low you can always pull urself out its just easier to not ever get low

I would recommended duo que to get at least one more person you don't have to worry about

I'm just bearly keeping my head above water bouncing between 1000 and 1200

KingClement

01-30-2013

There's always a chance to drop back down to elo hell no matter what your elo is, so don't worry too much!

13ann3d4l1f3

01-30-2013

when u start understanding the game you will be around 1300

work at it and learn builds/warding locations/farming techniques

NaginataX

01-30-2013

Quote:
Cyrustorz:
From what ive learned your placement matches are far more important than the next 100 matches

^ This.

Complained at Riot last season about the broken system and I'm glad they're implementing the League system to hopefully replace the teribad elo system.

adc

01-30-2013

Quote:
NaginataX:
^ This.

Complained at Riot last season about the broken system and I'm glad they're implementing the League system to hopefully replace the teribad elo system.

The misinformation about the new system saddens me. Elo is still there behind the scenes (though it's called MMR - they're roughly the same thing, to my knowledge). You just have different things to see.

That said, if you're losing games, you generally deserve to be losing. If you're a 1500 Elo player, you'll get to 1500 Elo after a few hundred games. If you're 1k, you'll get to roughly 1k. Stop worrying about your Elo in a bad way. Figure out WHY you're losing, fix it, and you'll start winning a lot. And then your Elo will go up. Don't blame it on your teammates; find out what you did wrong and improve on it in the next game.

If you haven't heard of DiamondProx, allow me to introduce you to him. He's a pro player (can't remember the team off the top of my head). Started playing something like 6 months ago. Work at it if you seriously want to get better.

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH_nPoZ-TiU

NiceDynamite

01-30-2013

Honestly, the only 2 things I can suggest to keep out of Elo hell and being able to carry, is:
1- Try to get good at an important lane. Either mid or top. To me, those are the most important. I've gotten good as Panth top, and I duo with a good Akali mid. Usually we have these 2 lanes on lockdown, meaning there's only 1 lane we have to worry about.

2-Know the limits of your champion. If you don't think you'll survive an encounter, GTFO. Any time there's a teamfight and I think I'm going to die because I'm focused, I don't even bother going in. (keep in mind, this is 2v3 or something like that. All out teamfights I'm always in).

Just working on those 2 things has improved my win ratio in both normals and ranked.

NaginataX

01-30-2013

Quote:
AD Bottom:

That said, if you're losing games, you generally deserve to be losing...Figure out WHY you're losing, fix it, and you'll start winning a lot. And then your Elo will go up. Don't blame it on your teammates; find out what you did wrong and improve on it in the next game.

This is why elo hell exists and I sympathize with everyone else stuck there -

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps8975d343.jpg (http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa75/NaginataX/elohell_zps8975d343.jpg)

SilentSir

01-31-2013

Hey dude,

Just so you know, never sweat your Elo. It really doesn't tell much about you as a player, except that you are most likely better than a player that is 400 points lower than you.

I've played at all Elo. I had an account get set to 300 and just worked it up, just to see if it was possible. Spoilers: it was. You're going to lose a lot of games on the way up, but it's important to just play your best.

Remember, you play Solo Q to make yourself a better player. You have nothing to prove to anyone in game, out of game, on this forum, no one. The only one that you should be playing for is you. If you make a mistake, call yourself on it and apologize to your team. If you f up a gank, that's your fault, and you should apologize. Your teammates may or may not do this, but you should, because it actually makes you a better player by recognizing your mistakes.

Also there are more things to do in this game than making sure you get a lot of kills... A LOT OF THINGS.

OH and if you need a hand, feel free to ask.