Any strategies to use when playing Alistar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pink Vis0rr

01-28-2013

Hey guys, I'm new with Ali and i'd appreciate it if someone posted some strategy to keep the game ongoing when using that Minotaur. If you can include starting items and what items to get next i'd be grateful.

opcow

01-28-2013

Hello,

I like this guide.
http://www.lolpro.com/guides/alistar...rt-by-aphromoo

It's pretty in depth and has video links so you can see exactly what you should be doing with positioning.

Op-Cow

Pink Vis0rr

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by opcow View Post
Hello,

I like this guide.
http://www.lolpro.com/guides/alistar...rt-by-aphromoo

It's pretty in depth and has video links so you can see exactly what you should be doing with positioning.

Op-Cow
Thanks that was helpful.

bbuullzzii

01-30-2013

If you can get close enough to an enemy, try knocking them up by stomping the ground, then proceed to run behind them to dash and knock them towards your team mate. if you are being focused by the enemy team, use your ult to ignore most damage. if you can't get close enough to initially knock the enemy up into the air, try flashing behind them. nobody expects an alistar to be THAT aggressive.

hope this helped

GoombaStompin

Recruiter

01-30-2013

I notice when alistar is laning as a support, newer Ali's often forget their cool down on his heal (E) is reduced every time an opponent's minion dies. Make sure if your ADC needs some healing to spam Ali's heal whenever its off of cd.

Don't be stingy with your ult!! Use it to break CC at the first chance you get. Use it if you're at %50 and opponents are attacking you. So many newer Alistar's use their ult when they're at less than %10 hp. All that amazing damage reduction goes to waste if you're dead!

Early in the game, focus on headbutting (W) enemies into walls that way it is very easy to walk up to them and Pulverize (Q) them after.

Careful not to use (W) on opponents who are about to die. Sometimes your plan can back fire if you headbutt them to safety. =) it'll happen at somepoint hehe

I8SumOrngsNItWsK

01-30-2013

It's hard to explain without showing you, but when you're in the laning phase (sometimes even after) you can hide in the brush and try to look for oppurtunities to headbutt the enemy carry or support into a wall, stunning them, then pluverize after the stun from headbutt wears off (you'll learn to time it perfectly for maximum stun time). Make sure to ping when you do this, so your ADC knows to attack and it's almost always a sure kill, especially at lower elos. (Higher elo people will know what you're doing and not let you.)

Try to come in behind the enemy sometimes, and headbutt them into your team when ganking.

There's also, of course, the flashing past them and then headbutting them into your team. They probably expect you to be aggressive, but won't be ready for it nonetheless.

While Goomba is right, and you don't want to headbutt someone away from you, there's also times when you might need to headbutt soemone to ensure a kill (if you know you'll kill them, but noone else can) because it's your only ranged skill. Also, if you have enough move speed you can catch up to them after headbutting to pulverize..OR do the combo of hitting Q while you're in the motion to headbutt and youi'll pulverize WHEN you get to them. It's harder to pull off, but just practice at it.

For starting items, I recomend the same thing on pretty much any support: 1 Faerie Charm, 2 Sight Wards, 1 Health Potion, and 3 Mana Potions. When you go back, try to get a Philosopher's Stone, if you can afford it, and make sure you keep stocked up on wards (2-4 at a time) as well as mana potions (2-4 too) unless you have a Chalice of Harmony. If you spam your heal when your ADC is low you might need the Chalice of Harmony for mana regen, but that's ok. It's not that expensive, and gives resistance too. Anyway, if you're dying a lot or almost dying get a Cloth Armor, and get boots if you need to get back to the lane quickly.

Good overall items to build include Randuin's Omen, Runic Bulwark, and/or Warmog's Armor, depending on if they have lots of physical damage, magic damge, and/or true damage that is becoming a nuisance to you. I would say to always eventually get a Chalice of Harmony. Buy Vision Wards when necessary to see the enemy's wards or ESPECIALLY if they have ANY stealth on their team, always have 2 Vision Wards with you if you don't have Oracle's so that way you can place them if necessary (they're cheaper than Oracle's, which only lasts like 5 minutes now). As far as boots go, I recomend Boots of Swiftness or Mercury Treads, depending on the situation. Always go for Alacrity.