Are You Really Expecting Us To Be "Good"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXTheEvilDudeXx

01-30-2013

Just some random thought that occurred to me after losing a ranked game in jungle.

Situation:
-I recently dropped from about 1285 ELO to about 900 from a combination of me having bad games, and me getting bad partners.

-I get into a game where I'm stuck jungling, which is my worst role. We lose, after match is over team trolls me for sucking.

-I admit I didn't do great, but the reason my k/d was bad was because every time I initiated a team fight, my team ditched me, let me die, and flamed at me.

So I guess the thing I want to be discussed here is:
We're all around 900 ELO. The majority of LoL players believe in ELO hell (I am not one of them). I don't claim to be a good nor a bad player, I consider myself halfway decent, and yes, I have bad games every once in a while, but at what point being at 900 ELO should have any of these people had the mindset that any of us would have actually been good?

-"Our jungler sucks."
-*Well no ****ing ****, look at the ELO we're at*

Just a thought . . .

aphronyaa

01-31-2013

Low elo don't know that they make mistakes and think they're the best in the world. Congratulations, you know you know you're bad (900~ is not decent, it's bad) but if you aim to get better then you'll surpass the other guys regardless.

Seikon

01-31-2013

Having been on both side of the fence, there is absolutely no change between attitudes of people in 700 ELO, 900 ELO, 1200 ELO, 1400 ELO, or 1800 ELO, or even 2400 ELO. If someone dies, they will try to find a scapegoat and blame that person. Easiest is jungle. And 9 out of 10 times, that person will retaliate and thus the blame game begins. Only difference is that the higher ELO players have developed skills to be independent and do well regardless of everyone else on the team so as a whole, the team performs better.

Fudouri

01-31-2013

I started focusing on playing support and jungle and climbed from 800-ish at end of season 2 to 1300 where I am now.

Good news, the more you play something, the better you will get. And as a person who "fills", I am pretty convinced jungle has most effect on the game, due to map awareness needed for ganking (even failed ganks are successful).

Funny enough, i think support next, since support players tend to have the spells which swing team fights (which at lower levels is the big part of the game)

KiLLeGaCy

01-31-2013

Community is a joke

V1nushka

01-31-2013

You should also keep in mind this game has a lot of players that're like 13 years-old or even younger than that. You can hear it in their voices a lot when they commentate in their youtube vids. Hell some of them even admit they're in junior high or high school in-game. I had two 16 year old kids a couple of weeks ago trying to tell me they know more than me (in general.) I'm a 28 year-old grown man who's actually worked a job for a living and supported a family. My natural reaction was just like pure laughter. I didn't even get angry. I just thought to myself about how miserable they're going to be when they get older and realize how terrible the world actually is and how it really works. Like that first day at a new job when they realize they have the biggest ******* for a boss. Ohhh man. I wish I could be there to see the expressions on their faces. I'd take pictures for sure. Rofl.

It's one of the main reasons I despise how RIOT manages this game with the Tribunal and all that nonsense. It's my firm opinion that they should just dissolve all of that ****, and slap a 13-Mature rating on the game, and let everything go. HoN and DOTA communities have nowhere near the crazy fascist rules this game does, and somehow they manage to regulate the baddies themselves. You know why? Hazing. Little kids, and terrible performers get ridiculed and goofed on so hard, they can't take it and just leave.

Ever watch Britain's Got Talent, American Idol, or anything of that nature? Talent shows are the best. You get he same kind of people on them. Dudes who swear they can sing, or whom somebody complimented once (who doesn't know **** about anything mind you) and then when the judges tell them the cold, hard truth, they break down. Rofl. That kinda **** makes my day because it reminds me of the same kind of people I meet in games like this.