Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

After a few hours of Dota 2...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hashmäl

01-30-2013

Quote:
Melancholy Exile:
While I'd disagree overall, there are certainly more than a few places where this is undeniably true.

I enjoy DotA 2, though - far more so than LoL, as of late.

The reason for that being is that Riot panders to casuals, they want the farmville and CoD audiences.

Saccharina

01-30-2013

I felt more lost when I started to play LoL since it was the first moba I played. I felt like DotA 2 was pretty easy to adapt to.

Ars Memoriae

01-30-2013

Really? I find LoL much more overly complicated. for example champions that use a system besides the normal mana system.

Melancholy Exile

01-30-2013

Quote:
Hashmäl:
The reason for that being is that Riot panders to casuals, they want the farmville and CoD audiences.

Actually, in my case, it's more because the game is still very new to me and I'm learning its intricacies, coming to find champions that I like and generally getting better at the game. I really like being able to play a game of Single Draft, pick a hero I have next-to-no experience with and come to find that I really like them over the course of a game or two.

I still really like LoL, it's just nice to be able to do something new.

tempname1032

01-30-2013

I think its fun to learn all the little nuggets about a game

Like, did you know, snipers ultimate, assassinate, ministuns the target for .1 second, and it pierces BKB?

Dryad Soraka

01-30-2013

The only thing I like is the Invoker. Everything else is too hard. The recipes are annoying and don't work most of the time and just piss me off.

Trolosaurus

01-30-2013

Wait till they release Techies then come back
Or just play Lich like I do cause I SUCK

BlargCow

01-30-2013

dota 2 is not stupidly difficult. if you're good at league you will be good at dota and vice versa

kthnxbai

Recruiter

01-30-2013

the only reason i'm not playing dota2 is because the shop looks absolutely awful and the graphics are pretty meh (i liked dota 1's style much better)

TheEnygma

01-30-2013

actually Dota 2 isn't difficult for me at all. Granted I haven't memorized all of Invoker's spells and controlling multiple units (Enchantress let's say) was tough but I haven't had much problems. Only issue I have is the bot AI, man those guys 5 man turret push like beasts