Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

After a few hours of Dota 2...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1st HanarSpectre

01-30-2013

-Play a game with 0 experience.
-Suck at it.
-OMFG This game is terrible.

^Op.

Kaylnaz

01-30-2013

Quote:
Xion Moonray:
You're missing the point. When I started LoL, I felt lost but I also felt that I could learn. I don't get the feeling that I will ever be an even mediocre Dota 2 player. I'm sorry my aversion to your elite, Aryan society of gamers offends you.

it's ok, your just one of thousands of LoL players that play a new game once then QQ because you didn't automatically know everything in it

a spider

01-30-2013

The sheer joy of dodging zeus ults with invisible is awesome

BloodworksInc

01-30-2013

I don't think that's what OP is saying, at least I'm not saying it :O

I like DOTA 2 - I'm just so mega new to it I'm getting curbstomped by bots, which is of course what happened when I first started playing LoL. So in time it will change, maybe I'll learn how to fully use everything properly lol

Last hitting as Carrys is mad easy for me though, it's like kind of overtly easy..

.... Kinda wish it was that easy here lmfao

CryoTyrfing

01-30-2013

Dota 2 is pretty enjoyable in the sense of how blatantly OP everything is. O hai Sven, how's that 200% damage increase for 25 seconds treating you? Mind tossing me some of that 12 second global stealth that comes back if you pop it Mirana? Anti-mage is your 5 second Cd low mana cost high range blink off cooldown? Of course it is.

Suda

01-30-2013

Quote:
Xion Moonray:
...Yeesh.

Having no experience with Dota at all, LoL being my first MOBA ever, I now realize the sheer difference between these games. To put it simply, Dota 2 feels like LoL's needlessly complicated big brother. Everything is just...stupid difficult. The item shop is a freaking nightmare (And there are three different shops at that). I haven't the slightest idea what I should be building, and the recommended items really doesn't help.

I will say this much: Some of the heroes are really cool. I liked Viper, he seems sort of Kog'Maw-ish. Broodmother's webs are pretty sweet. Venomancer feels kind of like Teemo. I also sort of like how everyone is relatively squishy, it makes things feel more exciting than LoL's tank-tastic style.

But seriously, Dota 2 is stupid complex. Don't even get me started on how difficult last-hitting is, or how asinine deny is. I wish I could port a few heroes to LoL, but really this game is so much more simple. It isn't even that Dota 2 is hard, per se. It's really no harder than LoL. It's just complicated for the sake of being complicated. I'll take LoL's streamlined approach any day.

If anyone still feels the need to try it to satisfy their morbid curiosity, like me, you can get keys via the community shop for $0.03 apiece. But really, I think I'll stick to LoL.

LoL is not slow paced the map is just huge

and in LoL there are actual roles and metas

Namenloss

01-30-2013

Well, they are just two completely different games...They are both MOBAs but are completely different from each other. Someone that is going from LoL to DOTA will have the exact same reaction to it as OP did. Everything is a lot more complicated and the heros have a more advanced set of skills that if you aren't aware of who you are playing against you will be completely rolled.

Likewise with knowing what to build. I came to LoL FROM DoTA and I didn't know there was a different between AP and AD champions. Because in DOTA there is no difference it's just off what you build on your character that will make or break you during the game.

NoGoodInGoodbye

01-30-2013

Quote:
SUDÀ:
LoL is not slow paced the map is just huge

and in LoL there are actual roles and metas

Sorry but in Dota there are roles and there's no specific "Meta" because everything has a counter.

Felixphaeton

01-30-2013

Quote:
Xion Moonray:
You're missing the point. When I started LoL, I felt lost but I also felt that I could learn. I don't get the feeling that I will ever be an even mediocre Dota 2 player. I'm sorry my aversion to your elite, Aryan society of gamers offends you.

Keep in mind that everyone else goes through the same thing, so its still just as "hard" as LoL, since they're strictly PvP. DotA's skill cap is higher, for better or for worse.

SmugUniverse

01-30-2013

Quote:
Xion Moonray:

You're the one complaining about dota being too complicated on a lol forum, why do you get sassy when someone calls you out on your bs?