After a few hours of Dota 2...

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xion Moonray

01-30-2013

...Yeesh.

Having no experience with Dota at all, LoL being my first MOBA ever, I now realize the sheer difference between these games. To put it simply, Dota 2 feels like LoL's needlessly complicated big brother. Everything is just...stupid difficult. The item shop is a freaking nightmare (And there are three different shops at that). I haven't the slightest idea what I should be building, and the recommended items really doesn't help.

I will say this much: Some of the heroes are really cool. I liked Viper, he seems sort of Kog'Maw-ish. Broodmother's webs are pretty sweet. Venomancer feels kind of like Teemo. I also sort of like how everyone is relatively squishy, it makes things feel more exciting than LoL's tank-tastic style.

But seriously, Dota 2 is stupid complex. Don't even get me started on how difficult last-hitting is, or how asinine deny is. I wish I could port a few heroes to LoL, but really this game is so much more simple. It isn't even that Dota 2 is hard, per se. It's really no harder than LoL. It's just complicated for the sake of being complicated. I'll take LoL's streamlined approach any day.

If anyone still feels the need to try it to satisfy their morbid curiosity, like me, you can get keys via the community shop for $0.03 apiece. But really, I think I'll stick to LoL.

SquirtingSquid

01-30-2013

Onii-chan no baka.

Please Date Me

01-30-2013

try to play invoker

i cried

Kaylnaz

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Moonray View Post

Having no experience with Dota at all,
another one of these threads!!!

Xion Moonray

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Fizz Ever View Post
try to play invoker

i cried
His reputation precedes him. I'll pass. I watched a dev spotlight on him and could feel my brain cells committing ritual suicide.

General Stinky

01-30-2013

complicated??? everything is based off basic attacks

simplypie

01-30-2013

DOTA is a great game, I'm sure you felt the same way about league when you first started :/ if you stick with it for awhile you can really enjoy it for what it is.

BloodworksInc

01-30-2013

Lmao...

I was like, Luna! Diana and Sejuani had awesome same-*** breeding! My God you're massively OP, what the hell happened? What? You mean this is semi-normal for Carrys in this game?

Three shops? That's fun! Wait, where's my carrier bird dude?

Why is it that giant Nexus can have super structures around it along with insane amounts of turrets and tower range that makes Cait's Ult look like daycare?

Good times, good times.

Melancholy Exile

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Moonray View Post
But seriously, Dota 2 is stupid complex. Don't even get me started on how difficult last-hitting is, or how asinine deny is. I wish I could port a few heroes to LoL, but really this game is so much more simple. It isn't even that Dota 2 is hard, per se. It's really no harder than LoL. It's just complicated for the sake of being complicated. I'll take LoL's streamlined approach any day.
While I'd disagree overall, there are certainly more than a few places where this is undeniably true.

I enjoy DotA 2, though - far more so than LoL, as of late.

Xion Moonray

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylnaz View Post
another one of these threads!!!
You're missing the point. When I started LoL, I felt lost but I also felt that I could learn. I don't get the feeling that I will ever be an even mediocre Dota 2 player. I'm sorry my aversion to your elite, Aryan society of gamers offends you.

12345 ... 7