Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Major] (for him) Master Yi Q bug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murked

01-30-2013

This happens in both LIVE and PBE
When using Alpha strike as a minion is going to die the strike will go off but not go anywhere.
The icon will not go on CD and you are not able to cast even if it shows that you are ( you have to wait until the cd is over.

1. use Alpha strike on a minion about to die.
2. watch the animation, and see the CD timer is static
3. try to use it as soon as you do it

DrChubs

01-30-2013

This happens to me on both servers when I click to move during alpha strike. I would say it happens 75% of the time.

Wards win games

01-30-2013

Were you able to reproduce this with a 100% occurrence rate? I am currently unable to reproduce.

An error such as this; It sounds as though ping could be playing a factor (The minion could actually be dying right before you cast your Q, even though on your end it seems it's still alive).

Will try to intentionally increase my ping and see if I can get it to happen again.

DrChubs

01-30-2013

Quote:
XenGaming:
Were you able to reproduce this with a 100% occurrence rate? I am currently unable to reproduce.

An error such as this; It sounds as though ping could be playing a factor (The minion could actually be dying right before you cast your Q, even though on your end it seems it's still alive).

Will try to intentionally increase my ping and see if I can get it to happen again.

I have a constant ping of around 90 and it happens. I never get lag so I don't think ping has to do with this.

Chazual Fridays

01-30-2013

Trying to understand your post, so forgive me, but are you saying you fail to cast Alpha Strike (i.e., as you said you cast it on a minion just before it dies) and it stops the ability, and it appears the cooldown is refreshed as per the norm for a failed cast, but it doesn't register properly for the cooldown timer and you have to wait the time despite appearing as if the cooldown was refreshed on the Alpha Strike icon?

I'll see if I can't confirm your report.

-Chaz

Chazual Fridays

01-30-2013

Oh, my! So many comments, so little time, haha. Well, damn, way to be on it, folks!

-Chaz

DrChubs

01-30-2013

Quote:
Chazual Fridays:
Trying to understand your post, so forgive me, but are you saying you fail to cast Alpha Strike (i.e., as you said you cast it on a minion just before it dies) and it stops the ability, and it appears the cooldown is refreshed as per the norm for a failed cast, but it doesn't register properly for the cooldown timer and you have to wait the time despite appearing as if the cooldown was refreshed on the Alpha Strike icon?

I'll see if I can't confirm your report.

-Chaz

The ability has been used and damage is dealt out normally, we just can't see the cd timer for alpha strike and can't use it until it is actually off cd.

Murked

01-30-2013

Quote:
DrChubs:
I have a constant ping of around 90 and it happens. I never get lag so I don't think ping has to do with this.

I also have a constant ping of 90 and this happens a lot. it might not be the easiest to re-create

namora

01-30-2013

Ok, I'm pretty sure I think I have a smidgen of a tiny idea as to what he's saying. Q dying minion, Q goes onto cooldown, but doesn't go onto cooldown. Confusing? good. Here's where it gets easier to understand. The ability goes off, but the cooldown does not...visibly. The cooldown actually has gone off, and the spell was "cast", however it acts as if nothing has happened.

Easier to understand? Cool. Maybe not so easy to reproduce though...

~Summoner namora, of the lower case.

who am i again

01-30-2013

It's true. I got this one time and then submitted a support ticket. Havent meet it again since. Probably latency issues.