Jungling advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FireGrass

01-30-2013

Started a 3s team with some friends. Who are some of the best junglers right now? Mostly I've just been practicing common 5s ones right now, like Shen, Xin, Amumu, and Cho'gath. I know Lee Sin is pretty good, and Rammus seems pretty strong against certain comps. Any advice about Junglers and builds before we start hitting serious competition is appreciated

ChampStat

01-30-2013

Well, you definitely want to avoid blue-buff dependent champions in the jungle. Cho'Gath is a great 3s pick, but not necessarily in the jungle because he goes oom really quickly. On the other side of the coin, manaless junglers like Lee Sin are great.

Onioncart

01-30-2013

Manaless junglers are a great pick, but if they have a low cost mana ability or a passive ability I find some mana junglers can sneak by. Like cho.

PurpleURP

01-31-2013

best ones in my opinion are ones that have a strong lvl 2 gank. this allows you to do both bottom camps and then gank the 1v1 lane while they are lvl 1 and you are lvl 2. so i pick junglers like: nocturne, j4, xin, lee sin, kayle, cho, jax, nunu, shen, riven, rammus.

Gerb

01-31-2013

I've found I love having a jungler with some kind of trap spell that he can put in the middle of the map so that you can see if someone trys to invade your jungle or gank your lane.

ie Maoki, Shaco, Nidalee

Or just have really good map awareness and respond fast to ganks to support your lanes

Also, lantern is a really strong item, so I find its best to have an AD Bruiser type champion that can best use that.