Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Intended Steel Legion Lux Skill Animation?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arzelena

01-31-2013

I got some complaints from people playing against me saying that they can't see the E at all.

I think the problem is that the colored ring around it (whether it's red or green) comes up too slow, so that we can pop it before it even finishes showing.

ExjK

01-31-2013

Quote:
Arzelena:
I got some complaints from people playing against me saying that they can't see the E at all.

I think the problem is that the colored ring around it (whether it's red or green) comes up too slow, so that we can pop it before it even finishes showing.

Yes there is a delay before the radius indicator shows up, but it is like that even on her default skin. It is difficult to see in the heat of battle because the animation no longer has that "warping" effect, without it then it's just a light anomaly with an invisible aoe radius (especially because people can detonate it before the indicator shows up).

ExjK

02-01-2013

Bump.

Candellumin

Huntsman

02-01-2013

Sorry it took me a while to respond, but I can confirm this bug.

As this can possibly affect gameplay, I will ensure that it is known by a Rioter and will try to get a response.

ExjK

02-01-2013

Quote:
Candellumin:
Sorry it took me a while to respond, but I can confirm this bug.

As this can possibly affect gameplay, I will ensure that it is known by a Rioter and will try to get a response.

Are you sure this is a bug and not the intended animation? Steel Legion Lux went live today, I would be surprised if it actually did turn out to be an overlooked bug. Either way I appreciate you acknowledging this thread, I feel it's an issue that compromises Lux's thematic integrity and may potentially affect gameplay/counterplay as I have stated before in this thread. If you can get a Red's attention for me I will be very thankful!

Candellumin

Huntsman

02-01-2013

Quote:
ExjK:
Are you sure this is a bug and not the intended animation?

If it is, you raise good points about it possibly affecting gameplay. I still think it would be a good idea to confirm.
Unfortunately, with the weekend coming up, it is unlikely I'll get much attention on this matter until they return to work on Monday.

I can also confirm that this made it to live.

ExjK

02-01-2013

Quote:
Candellumin:
If it is, you raise good points about it possibly affecting gameplay. I still think it would be a good idea to confirm.
Unfortunately, with the weekend coming up, it is unlikely I'll get much attention on this matter until they return to work on Monday.

That's understandable, and again thank you for taking the time to acknowledge this potential issue! I'll keep an eye on this thread over the weekend and on Monday will bump it. =)
Edit - If they decide to fix it i'm sure a simple hotfix will do the trick, so it shouldn't be too much work for Riot.

ExjK

02-04-2013

Bump.

ExjK

02-04-2013

800 views now.

I don't expect Riot to acknowledge this thread and proceed to edit the animation. However I do expect a proper response as to whether the absence of Lucent Singularity's warping effect is intended for Steel Legion Lux. I have always been under the impression that Riot cares deeply about how skills effect play/counter play, and I truly feel that removing the warp effect directly affects how the masses of players will visualize and respond to the skill. This raises the question of whether or not this may be seen as an inconsistency between Lux's skins...or in other words will people feel obligated to purchase the Steel Legion skin so that they can take advantage of the new E's drastic transparency?

Ultimately, the answer is yes and no. Some will buy it for that reason and some will buy it out of genuine interest. Either way you look at it, there's no ignoring the fact that the skill now feels different on both ends. It giving a competitive edge to those who utilize its transparency is a different issue in itself, but the same point remains...as it stands now the E is inconsistent to the other skins.

im not dan

02-12-2013

Quote:
ExjK:
Why all the views and no comments? Obviously Steel Legion Lux's Lucent Singularity animation is worse than her default...and I say that because by comparison the SL Lux E has almost no animation at all. For a legendary skin this sure is disappointing, I love the skin overall but this is really making me reconsider.. =(

Legendary?