Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Invitations to PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DakoDread

01-30-2013

Instead of just ending the sign ups for PBE why not just make it so those who are in it can invite a single extra person.

I believe that it would increase the amount of people, but not drastically.

Tigre the Legend

01-30-2013

I'm a fan of this idea, I have a buddy who is great to play with, and amazing at noticing bugs, would love to be able to invite him to play on PBE with me.

runfrompms

01-30-2013

Quote:
DakoDread:
Instead of just ending the sign ups for PBE why not just make it so those who are in it can invite a single extra person.

At least in my mind, this sounds prone to being used for scams on the fourms.

Example:

Hi. Im (name). I am giving out an pbe invite. All you need to do is give me your username and password so i can activate the code from inside your account.

Flobots

01-30-2013

I'm a fan of invitations, I support this idea.

DakoDread

01-30-2013

Quote:
runfrompms:
At least in my mind, this sounds prone to being used for scams on the fourms.

Example:

Hi. Im (name). I am giving out an pbe invite. All you need to do is give me your username and password so i can activate the code from inside your account.

No, not like that. That scam could still be used. All you would need is an email, and the invite code sent to that email. Or get a code that you send to them personally.

Grammatizator

01-30-2013

They should only allow people who have gotten to level 30 join pbe. Have their account linked with pbe as well.

who am i again

01-30-2013

Imagine it like this. PBE is having too many people signing up. Thats why they closed the registration. Well if each person in pbe can invite people, even one, that would double the "too many people" population.

Assesmcfunpants

01-30-2013

Quote:
DakoDread:

If doubling the population isn't a drastic increase, I wonder what is.

Google

01-30-2013

Riot is trying to make it so that you feel like you earned you're account by making it only available for a couple of days and so that players are less toxic, You're idea is great but I highly doubt they would add that in.