Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New to Jungle, would appreciate any tips to help =)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GeminiHunter

01-30-2013

So I've become very proficient as a mid laner, adc and Top so I'm turning my focus to the jungle. I'm still fairly new to it and not 100% comfortable in that position. I was just wondering if anyone could please give me some beginner tips and tricks to help me along my way? I'm currently practicing with Kayle and Shaco but I want to main Shyvana.

13ann3d4l1f3

01-30-2013

yo jungle is the extra boost given to a lane...

your bots and mids might not need the extra ganks... they know they can take a fight or keep up farm

if you notice a lane falling behind in cs or kills try to offset it and push for turret damage

in addition... the jungle helps even the winning lanes

its a great advantage in a lane push to have 2v1 and force their jungle or mid out...

use the jungle as an extra pusher for turrets and extra gold... good junglers have a cc mechanism or quick damage

i love jungle lee sin, chogath is good sustain, and ww can lvl up pretty fast

Predation

01-30-2013

One of the main things you want to focus on as a jungler is map awareness, since 75% of the time before 10-12 minutes is just gonna be you punching creeps in the face, you have plenty of time to watch the map. Ping when you see people leaving lanes, buy a couple wards to help your laners, and most of all watch for when lanes start to push towards your turrets.

It can be difficult, although not impossible, to gank a lane that your allies have pushed to the enemies turrets because they can simply sit under it and wait for you to leave. Always try to get between the enemy(ies) and their turret when you're ganking and try not to stack your cc with that of your ally.

On a side note i would also recommend not using kayle and shaco to practice with as they can be pretty niche and dont provide as much utility as other junglers. For instance, shaco can be strong early game for ganking but will fall off towards late game and be less useful during teamfights, especially if he isnt fed. Kayle is better suited to a lane where she can get as much farm as possible in order to build strong dmg items.(also she doesnt have much in the way of cc, her slow is kinda lackluster imo)

I would recommend starting with some staple junglers that provide not only good cc and utility in teamfights but can be quite easy to clear with. Nunu and Warwick are the two junglers that immediately come to mind when i think of a generic jungler. Nunu is great because he has a built-in smite that heals him(Consume) and also has a nuke that provides a decent amount of cc(snowball) as well as a speed buff for your ally that doubles as a steroid (blood boil). Your ult will also be devastating in teamfights if the enemy team doesnt interrupt it, which means you are forcing their attention on you and off of your carry(ies). Warwicks passive is great for jungling because it allows him to always have moderate to high health while farming the jungle, his E is great for chasing down wounded enemies and his W is a great attack speed steroid. His Q is a great nuke and can help him survive in teamfights as well as the jungle. His ult however, is his trump card. When playing Warwick i suggest farming in order to get to level 6 as fast as possible, then start ganking as the suppression makes it incredibly easy to lock down an opponent and kill them.

If you have any further questions about specific champions or jungling or just anything in general, let me know.

asmit10z

01-30-2013

I'd say a good champ to start jungling with is jarvan. He has a good escape, initiation, tanky, pretty easy to jungle with, decent damage, and 2 forms of cc. He can also dodge wards.

One of the things that made me absolutely love jarvan is that in one game I managed to e + q over the wall to baron, smite it, and flash out. That actually won my team the game.

TERRORIST WlNS

01-30-2013

Get smite lol xD jks aside you need map awareness to be able to gank, buy wards or tell laners to buy. Ask laners if the lane is warded so that you know you can gank or not if possible.

If the laners want the gank let them know to not over extend so that way you can go to that lane and help out, if they are over extended tell them to get wards to see if the enemy jungler will gank that lane and vice versa for your team laners, if enemy champ is over extended you go and gank if possible.

Anyways map awareness is very important for junglers, the role is probably the hardest to play because you basically have to roam the map and help your team while trying not to fall behind in lvls and cs.

And another note is items, most junglers I see usually go for tank, amumu, cho, Olaf, hec, nunu, etc.

And important note ward your jungle so that you don't get counter jungled! Like shaco for example he can get blue hop over the baron or drag wall and just take your jungle cs then just gank or hop over and farm his side of the jungle. That is all from me I'm a decent jungler but I hope this helps.

Sir Kingpin

01-31-2013

From an experience jungler point of vue i'll go through the points really fast.

1- Knowing your jungler match up ex : shaco vs amumu . amumu can easily lose his jungle camps vs a shaco

2- Timers . Buffs > 6m drake > 7min > baron 5m

3- Knowing your champion > Such as shyvana which is a counter jungleing champion . Meaning understand your opponent jungleing route and adapt yours to be near when his going to show up in a lane .
4- Bassicly don't forget that eventho your a jungler warding for your team is primordial.

5- Understanding how and when to gank via in-lane sneaking the bush . Make sure that the minnions won't see you, running down river when you know it isn't warded because theres a pink . walking though their jungle to make sure your not seen but also becareful if you see their mid is making a move in the jungle because perhaps it was either warded or their jungler saw you and you didn't .

6- Smite : Most of the junglers such as theoddone always look at their smite dmg and make sure they smite in time . tbh I have this feeling inside me that i should smite right now and i usualy always get it because i don't stress for the dmg and i've done so many baron steals in my life this way it's retarded .

hopefully you learn this

SeCKS Egai

01-31-2013

Be prepared to take the blame for anything and everything. The less you had to do with it, the more someone is likely to blame you for it.

But really - number one, remember your team comp. Make sure you have a jungler that can tank/initiate. Between Jungle and top is where you'll usually find them, so if you've got a top that can't initiate, please jungle with someone who can (unless you've got a bruiser support like blitz, but even then make sure your jungler can round out the team well.

Map awareness is always a big deal, whether it be knowing when to gank or relieving pressure on a lane.

SilentSir

01-31-2013

As a jungler, if you ever plan on doing anything, tell your teammates. They won't read chat, so ping and tell. Sometimes they still will not listen. Be patient. If you need the 2nd blue buff (or ask if them if you could take it for X reason, tell your mid the situation, it is likely they will hate you, but they might understand.

Learn how to track your opposing jungler. If you think he's on your side, tell your teammates, because they need to take care of that. learning invasion is mui importante.