Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Future of the PBE.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExjK

01-30-2013

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about the direction Riot is taking with the Public Beta Environment. I first got into the PBE back around the time Diana was being released, as I started experimenting with Diana I noticed that a lot of people on the PBE do not actually promote discussions related to bugs or testing. Instead their attitude is just as "trolly" if not more-so on the PBE, they take the game at hand seriously when testers should feel free to experiment and proceed with thorough testing. Because of this behavior and lack of productivity in terms of actual testing, I stopped playing the PBE. I came back around the time Twisted Treeline had received it's rework. Testing went smoothly for the most part but again I noticed most players trying their hardest to win instead of experimenting with potentially bugged scenarios, skills or glitched map features. This kind of PBE atmosphere turns me off.

I've played the PBE a bit lately in order to test Steel Legion Lux as well as the new League system, I ran into a few people who had rage quit over losing the lane/game. Now that Riot is getting serious about cleaning up the PBE I might actually do more extensive testing!

On that note I would like to open this thread up to discussion.

~ What types of features would you like to see added to the PBE to make for more efficient testing?

~ What do you think Riot can do to help PBE players test more accurately?

~ What would you like other PBE testers to start focusing on or acknowledging so that your testing experience is more thorough?

Feel free to address any issue specific to your experience and how you would like to see it improved. My hope is that we as a community can unify our thoughts and suggestions about the future of the PBE all in one place. If we can do so constructively I think Riot will be more inclined to join the discussion.

Happy testing! =)

DrChubs

01-30-2013

I also agree with your statement. Over the past year that I have been here, the amount of time riot has put into the PBE has greatly increased. Now they are improving the toxicity of the players in the PBE which is a huge step forward in the PBE.

ExjK

01-30-2013

I went ahead and typed out my thoughts, feel free to post your own or begin discussing what I, or anyone else, have mentioned!

What types of features would you like to see added to the PBE to make for more efficient testing?

I would like to see a feature added to the client that players can quickly access to read about which bugs have been discovered recently as well as the status of the bug itself. Sure we have the forums, however I feel a lot of the most useful information about current bugs are buried in the masses of threads. It's inconvenient for active testers to have to look through pages of threads just to stay updated.

What do you think Riot can do to help PBE players test more accurately?

This goes hand in hand with the first question for me. I feel that Riot can make the information about reported bugs, tested bugs and status of known bugs more readily available for their active testers. I imagine this feature would work very similar to a forum thread, except instead it would be implemented into the client itself. Active testers would have updated bug information at hand and could proceed to specifically test whichever bug they choose. Not only would this increase testing productivity and accuracy by a lot, the dedicated PBE testers would appreciate being able to actively test specific bugs as opposed to just playing and hoping to find something.

What would you like other PBE testers to start focusing on or acknowledging so that your testing experience is more thorough?

Outside of Ranked play, I feel that players on the PBE should really focus more on communicating constructively with their fellow testers regardless of what team you're on. Instead of playing and trying features out just for the hell of it, we can spend more time in game actually working with each other to discover potential bugs. I think the feature I mentioned in the first 2 questions will also promote this kind of behavior on the PBE indirectly.

Sulale

Recruiter

01-30-2013

I'm glad Riot is starting to punish all the toxic people in the PBE, it always ruined the experience for me when I wanted to test.

runfrompms

01-30-2013

Riot decided to make the pbe a premium server. I'm assuming ragers and try-hards(trying super hard to win that he/she rages) will be very low in numbers after the new system comes in.