I can't play swain on dominion anymore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuko Prince

01-30-2013

it started with season 3, and I have seen others make him work, but his survival is so weak compared to other "tankier" characters he gets focused down so fast.

I have to wast alot of time early on getting some health and mana for my ult to not burn out in seconds, and that time is spent by others just focusing on damage, while also being inherently tankier, and bursting me down in team fights like I was not there.

I don't know what to do with him, and I hate that because I like swain, but he just seems outclassed with the damage buffs that boost others over his own output. If the fight last a longer time he can be potent, but it still seems like dominion champ burst far outweighs his powers.

This may be wrong, if it is, explain why and how to do better.

radicalratx

01-30-2013

Whenever I Swain, it's bot lane. He's easily outpushed pre ult. Harass with Q -> E. When fighting, kite as best you can. You can use your Q while running the opposite direction without stopping.

I take revive/clarity for him. Clarity baits them into thinking you're OOM, and they go all-in. Pop clarity and live for 5 more seconds in raven form.

Use mana pots throughout the game. Their effectiveness at low mana is incredible.

Some heroes WILL counter you. Nothing you can do about it. Try to just stalemate the lane.

Swain is actually pretty good vs. ganks since he heals for a lot more hitting 2 champs. Killing one ganker enemy is pretty common, and you can even get a few double kills if they're not at full.

BROSEPHIROTH

MyDeadGrandma

01-30-2013

His only real period of weakness is pre level 6 botlane. Sometimes I get an AD to sub for me bot while I go to the first windmill fight if I'm afraid of getting outpushed.

roa, bft, wizard hat. Max Q if the enemy is melee and Bob's your uncle.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

ITT people who play Swain botlane

21st century guys...

Eyemite

01-30-2013

Swain is very strong. I personally find that a fast rod of ages, bft, then a abysal/wooglets gets the job done usually. Throwing in a chalice is optional depending on how ult happy you are. Maybe its just your approach to playing him? I usually don't find myself "dominated" very much when playing him.

ChemoshofBones

01-31-2013

he definatly gets burster fast er earlier but he can still function if you play it right, for top def get chalice startign item. Just play aiming for mid- late and rune / mastery accordingly. remember he doesnt need alot of ap items to do his job effectivly, i would skip the roa go right to bft > abyssal. after that just tanky with cdr. runes n masterys are big pasrt of this though

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

I have a ton of success playing Swain in dominion. What is the secret? Don't try to build tanky. Swain's damage and ratios are very good, and he synergizes amazingly with BFT. He also has a kit that is amazing for kiting (2 second root, 3 second slow, sustain ultimate).

If you want to play a tanky AP champion, you should just be playing Amumu, Rammus, or Maokai. Swain is actually a very good AP mage when you build damage.