Is there a way to estimate hidden elo in dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuko Prince

01-30-2013

I know ranked games give this info in normal mode, but since that does not exist for dominion, is there some more general way to estimate elo based off public win/loss data for normal games?

I am kind of curious to know whether I am playing with sewer rat tier or closer to the heavens.

Herboss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

I still have people in my games that don't take revive so I guess I'm still in the derp leagues...

JamesLeBoss

01-30-2013

Well if people rarely play kassadin then you're at least playing in the upper elo ranges where the gentlemen's rule is active, but then again I haven't been able to play for a over a month so I could be off.

Pisazen

01-30-2013

Its funny i have games were the whole team takes revive, then i have games were i am the only 1.

Rikukun

01-30-2013

I just estimate mine by comparing my current W/L to my one i had back when you could know your elo. It isn't perfect, by I estimate i'm at least 1900, likely higher.

Purpleskoal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikukun View Post
I just estimate mine by comparing my current W/L to my one i had back when you could know your elo. It isn't perfect, by I estimate i'm at least 1900, likely higher.
You can't estimate ELO by wins and loses.

JamesLeBoss

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleskoal View Post
You can estimate if you base it off of your last recorded ELO from lolmatches

He (Riku) was at 1800 when dominion ELO was hidden again

SeCKS Egai

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleskoal View Post
This is basically the case - if you had a reference to your elo beforehand sure, but I myself wasn't playing LoL for a while and by the time I started up again the elo was no longer sent client side.

If you try the usually recommended elo calc, you'll see it can be off by hundreds so unfortunately there's no reliable method. They really want it to be casual, but it would be nice to see elo if just to rate your own performance, as in seeing if you're elo is improving or degrading.

FetisPuncher

01-31-2013

Which begs the question.. why not enable elo for dominion players? We want it back! Why let someone who rarely- if ever- play the mode dictate what happens in our choice of game play? Its bad enough they dont balance champs for dominion...

Purpleskoal

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLeBoss View Post
You can estimate if you base it off of your last recorded ELO from lolmatches

He (Riku) was at 1800 when dominion ELO was hidden again
My point is not all wins and loses generate the same gains and loses. There is just not enough info to calculate just using wins vs loses.