How to fix this game mode.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xuanxue NA

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
i don't think it's a good diea, it would give people a badversion of a laning phase at top lane and everyone knows that a laning phase is already a bad version of game design.
so it would be like the worst verion of the bad versions... not pretty, people wanting to play DOminion play for the pvp action, not for 45 minutes of laning 3 minutes of strolling arounda jungle and 1 minute of "action".
45 minutes? no, its simple you push the lanes and the minions cap. i'd also suggest adding neutral camps instead of one middle thing you press.

how would my suggesting make pvp less prominent?

please answer that, dont just make sarcastic, unfeasable what if's

NamKim

01-30-2013

I don't understand what problem this is suppose to fix. Out of all the problems Dominion has that everyone seems to complain about, this one doesn't solve a single one of those. The only thing it would somewhat fixes is backcapping...which isn't even a problem on Dominion, it's a strategy. Plus, even a dedicated pooter is easily countered.

Right now, your suggestion has no obvious benefits. And yes, that is your responsibility and burden to present the potential benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuze GTA View Post
45 minutes? no, its simple you push the lanes and the minions cap. i'd also suggest adding neutral camps instead of one middle thing you press.

how would my suggesting make pvp less prominent?

please answer that, dont just make sarcastic, unfeasable what if's
I think this post pretty much shows that you don't understand what you're talking about. You don't understand what makes Dominion Dominion. Why Dom isn't just SR or TT on a circular map.

Plus, your idea directly weakens the PvP interaction and increases a PvE interaction.
It will also pointlessly increase the time length of the game.

Yes, people do push minions waves to neutralize towers. But the main goal of pushing a minion wave is to put your team in a more favorable position to go on the offensive. If I have reason to believe that the enemy team left a point completely undefended and I have reason to believe I can capture this point, I'm not going to push the stupid minion wave. I'm going to capture the stupid point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuze GTA View Post
The problem that makes this game mode lower popularity then TT.
You mean the fact that while Twisted Treeline has a Ranked mode while Dominion doesn't? A ton of people played Twisted Treeline to easily get high ranks for Season 2. How do you think the 1200 elo Morello got Diamond ranked? You could have had a hidden Dom elo of 2500+ and you still wouldn't have gotten anything. There is no incentive to play Dominion other than you enjoy playing it. All the other modes at least have Ranked...which had prizes if you got a high enough rank.

Endrid

01-31-2013

how to fix this game mode??? riot first needs to start caring about this game mode first and formost

Volandum

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
The problem is that... controlled nodes adjacent to a neutral node DON'T SPAWN NEW MINIONS towards the neutral node.
How about the problem that the game never gets started?

Warlord Buwberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

The ****. we should just make SR turrets be able to be only be hurt by minions also. New meta. Anivia, Jayce. Goodbye minions. you lose if you lose windmill fight. God that would just suck.

Orphane

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
How about the problem that the game never gets started?
Team Deathmatch for 400 points to win!