Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[FAQ] New Volunteer pilot program: The Huntsmen!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EatzAce

Recruiter

03-12-2013

Could high school students such as myself earn volunteer hours for this?

DrDuckling

Recruiter

03-18-2013

I want to be apart of this

Asmodial

05-02-2013

Hey there JD, I currently work for Electronic Arts as a tester and dev. I'm actually interested in getting a job as a tester with riot. Any clue where I could get started with this as well as getting to know staff who currently are testers. I enjoy my job as a tester and dev but I would really like to work for Riot in the very near future.

Quote:
JD 2020:
Greetings summoners!

JD here, and I wanted to introduce to you a new volunteer program being piloted called The Huntsmen. The TL;DR is this: The Huntsmen are passionate players on a mission. That mission is to find and report bugs in the Public Beta Environment (PBE) so that Riot QA can squash more of them before hitting the LIVE environments.

Below is a brief FAQ introducing the program. If you have any additional questions, please ask them below.

Regards,
-JD

How Can I Get Involved?
It’s easy; If you have a PBE account, just help focus your efforts on finding bugs. Check the PBE forums for open issues and issues currently being tracked, and help contribute to the conversation with The Huntsmen. They’re there to help guide those conversations and organize the seeking and destroying of these bugs!

How do I become a Huntsman?
For now, like all other volunteer programs, Huntsmen are recruited based on pretty basic criteria: How active a player is on the PBE server and forums, how helpful they are to the PBE community, how substantial their input is and are they sportsman who follow the summoner’s code. Exceptional players that stand out from the crowd are identified and encouraged into the program.

In the future, the process for applying to volunteer programs will be more open than this.

How do I identify a Huntsman?
Like other volunteers, Huntsmen are identified by a unique icon and username color on the forums. Their color is dark blue, and they’ll have the “Huntsmen” title under their avatar.

I don’t have a PBE account, how do I get one?
Registration for the PBE is opened and closed periodically. The PBE is limited in size, and only so many people can play on it concurrently. We noticed login queues were consistently too high, and have metered registrations to help mitigate. Keep an eye out on the PBE forums for when registrations open.

This doesn’t mean you can’t be active though! Finding bugs on the LIVE environment (especially localization bugs in international territories) would be a huge help, and can be reported on the Bug Report forums.

WASCrazeekid

05-25-2013

Can I participate?

ToastStrudel

06-04-2013

So, let's say I want this account to have the huntsman title, will that be possible? Or will it be the other account.

Pulsefire EzreaI

07-11-2013

This is going to assume that the PBE signups ever open up again.

Quote:
"Current Status of PBE sign-ups: CLOSED

Date of Last Open: January 25, 2013"

sign in screen

07-16-2013

This sounds really awesome. I'd be willing to help.

Triboon

07-23-2013

Wooot

Triboon

07-23-2013

Quote:
H2OMrPibb:
Hey there JD, I currently work for Electronic Arts as a tester and dev. I'm actually interested in getting a job as a tester with riot. Any clue where I could get started with this as well as getting to know staff who currently are testers. I enjoy my job as a tester and dev but I would really like to work for Riot in the very near future.

This isn't to work at Riot. This is just for normal people helping to find bugs in their spare time.