Nasus.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImJustEvan

01-31-2013

I'd like to ask the community's thoughts on Nasus in TT. Currently I've played a few games with him and have dominated the game. Idk if he needs to be brought out in S3 as a top tier champ but he's crazy strong as far as I've seen.

JLawL

01-31-2013

The problem with Nasus on TT is the same as the problem with Nasus in any game.

Against a skilled player, he gets zoned out and kited far too easily. This is fine if you're in a game where you can passively farm under your turret for 20 minutes to stack up his Q, but against a coordinated team, Nasus has serious issues without having a team built around him.

Nasus is one of my favorite champions mechanically, but in practice, there are champions who fulfill the same roll far better.

What is it you enjoy about Nasus that is making him so strong for you?

ImJustEvan

01-31-2013

all in all the ammount of survivabilty he has on TT that alot of top tier champs really dont have and also if placed with another tanky aoe/dps champ (aka shyv) he just does so much damage while being unkillable tbh its almost op

Eloquid

02-01-2013

Always had good success with Nasus on TT, even on old one. Many of his flaws don't apply here because there's no so much zoning out. Wtf, this game mode is all about skirmishes and ganking.He doesn't give much **** about being ganked. And since his a beast and his ulti is like godmode, his quite a happy camper here. Even when you don't manage to farm your Q so much (but why wouldn't you, you can spend quite a lot of time in a jungle), just slowing the enemy with W and reducing their resists with E brings much utility for other damage dealers in your team. He's alpha dog here.

Caecus Scius

02-01-2013

I feel like he was tier 4 in lane, and tier 3 when jungled- but he is moving up 1 tier now with new patch change. Just the small change to his Q- he can farm that to get it up much higher.

Why he might be better than people suspect...

Frozen Gauntlet- it synergies well with him, and it means that once he gets on you- he sticks on you.

Muramana- with the changes to it- he can easily get it fully fed out, and get a LOT of ad from it- and it can be the ONE item that he needs for offense, giving you 80-100 AD means you don't really have to buy anything else. It also works well with gauntlet giving you even more mana. It gives him the ability to burst out a 1000 dmg Q without tons of farm or a crit.

Armor/Resistances are more expensive and health is cheaper- his basic kit is pretty beefy already, and you don't see a lot of bruisers with % health dmg- % health seems to be the key to winning vs Singed/Darius/Olaf/Cho which dominate the scene. The torch works well on him, you don't need to build a LOT of AP either, just the torch/sheen and his ult gets the extra 1% + the torch %. Hell his E starts to actually hurt people at this point as well, and often a lot of these bruisers don't kite- they sit and fight it out. I've seen this with Malz too, on this map, having a zoning tool that does dmg- the AOE "no go skill" is SUPER vital when fighting over altars which are always being contested.

We don't see a lot of ADC's- which kite him and are his bane, we see a lot of champs that LOVE to sit and fight. Darius once engaged isn't going anywhere, he is committed to the fight. However you also don't always have a great target for your Wither because not a lot of these champs build ANY attack speed- it becomes just a great slow.

It depends on the Q change- if he can get 6 from the big wolf, 6 from the golem, and go to a lane and just steal the cannon for another 6, you are getting enough farm that way.

Build: G. Lantern -> Iceborn Gauntlet -> Muramana or Torch -> Randuins/Sunfire -> Boots of Choice -> Attack Speed Item (wits end or static)

I've also done well with the hydra on him, and then all defensive items.

paintmania101

02-01-2013

I've never played Nasus, but have played against him a few times. And I always request to lane against him because I will force him out of lane asap by harrassing then jumping in the bushes to avoid minion hits. Unfortunately for the nasus player it doesn't matter who I chose because anyone can out lane him early game.

Then it is as simple as freezing the lane and keep an eye on bot to avoid ganks. By doing this you take him out for easily 15-20 until you are ready to push your own lane.

But many people don't understand zoning out at an effective level so he can work, but against a good laner you are going to have a frustrating start to the game and hope your other two teammates are, at a minimum, keeping level with their counterparts. Leave him to farm though and its gg. Only hard ccc or Vanye can stop him.

Caecus Scius

02-01-2013

That is exactly why you should jungle him, and not lane with him. If you do lane, do it bottom, he should never be a top lane character. He can either gank well out of the jungle with Wither, or he can support the other bottom well.

Caecus Scius

02-02-2013

Based on 3-4 games with him since the change- running in the jungle primarily. My Q was easily farmed to +200 by 15 minutes in.

Weirding ways

02-03-2013

The patch helps quite a lot, just had a game that lasted 38 minutes, had 588 bonus damage on my q by the end of it.

Henry Plainview

02-03-2013

Nasus is good on TT because he gets ungodly tanky very quickly, he doesn't have to worry at all about mana, and takes that cocky ******* who bought zerkers out of the fight for the next 5 seconds.