"How did I get banned?!?!"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imerzan

01-30-2013

Anyone else finding these topics amusing? I've just been reading these forums for a couple days now, and I can't believe people are surprised with their punishments in so many of these cases...

Glugthefirst

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by imerzan View Post
Anyone else finding these topics amusing? I've just been reading these forums for a couple days now, and I can't believe people are surprised with their punishments in so many of these cases...
A little bit. I find that when I read a long thread however, it sort of becomes a bit annoying, especially if you post a reply to them. I find it annoying simply because most of the time people dont know how to argue their case properly, and dont listen to people who give constructive feedback.

Goth Skunk

01-30-2013

After a few weeks of them, they start to get on your nerves.

I frequently have to take breaks from replying to them.

It's gotten to the point now where if it's a case I didn't vote, there's a strong likelihood that I won't comment on it.

meadow

01-30-2013

Amusing? No, just weird though... I mean if you look at your own case and try to justify something like "you're **** and ****" is very weird... You don't see your own toxicity for example? (That was not directed to the OP but just an example.)

Harate

01-30-2013

You think that eventually people would stop being confused about their bans, but its not their fault. Besides the judges there's really not a large crowd hanging around the Tribunal forums. So it sucks having to re explain over and over but we have to be careful not to get jaded and impatient.

If the guy definitely deserved the ban and is a ******bag in his post, yeah, I can see us saying TOO BAD SUCKER as fair.

But I'm trying to get away from the "reform card or gtfo" or "when will they learn" mentality because some people want to reform and are legit confused. And it's some of their first times visiting the forum trying to understand what they're doing so wrong. I don't wanna scare them away when we have a real opportunity to help them change their behavior.

imerzan

01-30-2013

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people who want to reform... Just seems more often than not people think that just because they're "good" they can get away with stuff, or because they pay. Or maybe because they were "provoked".

I've seen a lot of people here who think the Tribunal is broken, and I can't help but strongly disagree... I used to play PVP on WOW, and sometimes people's behavior made me want to gouge my eyes out.... Its nice being on a community that doesn't scream "TROLOLOLOL GET WTFPWNT SCRUB" every single game you're in.

So far with the exception of a technical glitch or two, I find the tribunal to be quite effective... Definitely has given me a bit to reflect on, and improve my in game behavior (wouldn't say I was ever exactly Toxic, but hey theres always room for improvement!)

embalmdk

01-30-2013

Been doing this for a while, as well as the tribunal. Always starts with denial, usually ends in raging because of a permaban. Some want real help, most want another place to rant or claim unjust punishment and have someone listen to their complaint about how unfair the world is because they deserve respect or consideration.

What I really enjoy is the players that retaliate and then try to justify their actions in using slurs and insults.

MMHSTerror

01-30-2013

Maybe some of them are true sociopaths but hide it well enough in reality?

imerzan

01-31-2013

Its the people who have no responsibillity. Most of these people have no self-control and can't come to accept that it was their fault they got their ban, and not the other people in the game.

What really throws me is when people think because someone else in the game was "worse" that it excuses them somehow. Lol.

Bradykin

01-31-2013

I personally find them hilarious. I've always been an advocate that the Tribunal isn't strict enough, so when people get what's coming I'm happy about it. Now, if they accept their screwups and want to reform, I'm happy to listen. But the ones who say that they did nothing wrong while raging at the people in the threads who respond make me laugh so hard, especially the ones that argue that tribunal is too strict while showing evidence that they would report people for much less than they were banned for.