ADC getting more assists?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EDM Moonstar

01-30-2013

I seriously must be kidding myself trying to play Caitlyn. I love her range and seem to have gotten better use to her skills but I just can't seem to get any kills! I seem to be getting 5, 10, and even 20 assists but like 1 or 2 kills, if I even get any.

I mean.. I seriously am almost playing a support role through an ADC. Is that weird? I try to kill as much as I can within reason but god... either someone snags the kill or they seem to get away with little to no health! Maybe I should just stick to support ._.

ThatONeillGuy

01-30-2013

I find that tends to happen to me when I have a lot of Assassins or Bruisers on my team. ADCs have a weaker early game in exchange for a stronger late game, but your teammates won't always realize that. This can lead to them starving you out of kills, which makes it very difficult for you to get your full build.

Another problem can be that, at lower levels, you're often competing against another ADC, or possibly even two. For now, the most I can suggest is to use this time to work on your farm and your positioning. The fact that you're getting so many assists at least means you're present in most if not all team fights. Two concrete goals you can work on are having the most CS of anyone on your team (or even better, of anyone in the match) and putting out the most overall damage.

Practicing your last-hitting will be especially useful since at lower levels, most players still tend to focus on champs instead of minions. That means your lane partner will likely leave a lot of creeps for you to practice farming, which will also let you build your damage items even without kills.

Once you have these basics down, you'll find kills coming more naturally, I think.

Edit: You can use lolking.net to check the damage totals for everyone in a given match, by the way. You may also want to track how much damage you're taking since that can give you a rough idea of how well you're positioning yourself.

Tucking Sits

01-31-2013

You're role as the carry is to do as much sustained damage as possible, whether or not you actually kill something. In team fights, it is absolutely normal to only end up with a kill (or even no kills) and several assists per fight, but if you do a ton of damage, it doesn't matter (assuming your team won the fight).

People getting away early game is normal too, and that normally doesn't matter either because you forced them out of lane, giving you some time to farm freely and deny them CS.

Onireaper

01-31-2013

most Champs have an escape, like EZ's flash or Caits net, so them getting away early game is pretty common.

however if you think your not doing enough damage try a more agressive rune build.

also you can try changing the order of your item purchases.

a great set up as cait is, having a support with a heal ie. soraka, alistar, sona, or taric. this allows you to start with a dorans blade and you can forgo getting pots giving you a great damage boost at the start of the game. as a ADC you want to have a support or tank in lane with you so you can get all the farm and they can feed you kills while keeping you in lane as long as possible with their heals.

ThatONeillGuy

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onireaper View Post
a great set up as cait is, having a support with a heal ie. soraka, alistar, sona, or taric. this allows you to start with a dorans blade and you can forgo getting pots giving you a great damage boost at the start of the game. as a ADC you want to have a support or tank in lane with you so you can get all the farm and they can feed you kills while keeping you in lane as long as possible with their heals.
Good advice, though given that OP is at level 11 right now, I suspect they'll be playing mostly duo farm lanes for a while. Supports (especially 0 CS ones) are like unicorns down here below 30, haha.