jax build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doggwe

01-30-2013

what's a good jax build vrs a standard team with a decent amount of cc and damage

Mine usually goes

merc treads
randuin's omen
hextech gunblade
warmogs
trinity
blade of the ruined king

Nishaven90

01-30-2013

Seems like a good build however you need magic resist as well as health + armour, good items for Jax are Maw and Wits End.

Predation

01-30-2013

merc treads
iceborne gauntlets
botrk/hextech
frozen mallet/warmogs
black cleaver
runic bulwark
mercurial scimitar if they are REALLY cc heavy

Madraac

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggwe View Post
what's a good jax build vrs a standard team with a decent amount of cc and damage

Mine usually goes

merc treads
randuin's omen
hextech gunblade
warmogs
trinity
blade of the ruined king
The above is not a bad build, but you have to always play to the other team. Merc tread is always a safe bet due to the tenacity and MR on it, and I do like randuin's for the utility. However, even with the new changes and everyone going to high health whenever possible, I would prefer Frozen Mallet over Warmog's. This will also save you a ton of gold overall as you would not need to go into Trinity, and while it would help some of your initial burst, it is not a requirement. Other cheaper options to Trinity are Guinsoo, Wit's End is surprising good for the AS and on hit damage, as well as several other options. If you really feel your playstyle needs the regen and extra health from Warmog's vs FM, then Trinity should be your option.

Overall, your build is very expensive, and I find it is often better to have several build options pending on how the flow of the game is going. BotRK is expensive, and great when fighting against high health comp teams, but you need to have the flexibility to look at other options. Pending on the team BT is often better, unless they have several (3+) champs that are building heavy health.

Hextech is a near must have on Jax though, and helps him carry through, and with its unique, it allows a great burst or a kill shot if your jump is on CD. Also, if you are jungling Jax, the Hextech provides extra gank potential in the mid game combined with your jump as the slow will let your team help get the kill.

ZeroQuest96

02-02-2013

I generally use one of three builds when playing Jax.

If it's a normal game where I have no need to carry I generally get Merc treads, Gunblade, Tri force/Iceborn Gauntlet, Blade of the ruined king, Guinsoos, and Guardian Angel.

If it's a game where I need to be a bit more of a tank I run Mercs, Gunblade, Iceborn, Guinsoos, Atma's Impaler, and Warmogs.

If it's a game in which I need to carry I get Mercs, Gunblade, Iceborn, Guinsoos, Blade of the Ruined King, and Bloodthirster. This one looks odd, however, the sheer amount of sustain and dueling capabilities make Jax seem pretty tanky when in reality you just lifesteal and spell vamp. This also provides the utility that is need in a fight by having a slow, an active slow/dot, and the BotRK active provide most of the utility needed to chase or keep opponents locked down a bit. The Guinsoos and BT allow for even more survivability while gaining damage. However, this build only works because Jax has a low CD escape, a stun/dodge, and an armor and mr buff.